+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: In A Fix

Sooo... back to In a Fix.

I just watched the "Pink" episode. Pretty funny, except not enough Danny and Sparky, and too much lazy homeowner.

How have I missed this show? I love watching almost all of the home improvement shows, but, somehow this one passed me by
    I'm glad I found out about it though. After reading through all the posts I'm ready to start my own marathon!!! I'll be taping every episode I can find.
    About how many have there been? Now wait, that's dumb...why don't I just go to the website and find out
    Thanks guys!!!

Seems like there have been about 20 so far, maybe a few more or less. They're all good, in their own way, there have only been 3 that I didn't much care for - and those were all because of homeowner response.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Did anyone see the European Classic house? Where the guy tried to repair holes in his drywall with epoxy? The wife hated the house, and was SO ungrateful. I couldn't believe it. She could have faked it. That was really poor manners.

As I've said before, if you want the house to end up the way you want it, HIRE SOMEONE. If you ask a TV show to re-do your house, you get what you get.

Morons.
    I totally, whole-heartily agree John! I saw it and I was really, really peeved at that woman.
    There is absolutely NO reason for you to go on and on about how you hate the whole concept and everything else about the design. What did she have to put into the whole thing??? She didn't have to pay a single cent. Nada. Zippo. Nothin'.
    She really bothered me, because, honestly, unless you're going to do all the repairs, work, installing and paying for it YOURSELF...you can't complain.
    For Pete's sake, she signed up for the show. Ungrateful IMO, cause the house looked like h3ll before our team went in there.

I'm glad you dredged this thread back up to see if anyone else saw that episode John..cause after I saw it, I really wanted to bitch about it! My neighbors didn't have the same gusto disgust, like I did..so they pretty much ignored me.
    Last edited by Maveno; 06-15-2004 at 06:50 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

the house looked like h3ll before our team went in there.
    Your team? *is curious* Hi, I'm new *waves*

And I didn't see that show but I did see the episode In A Fix that just went off *James wasnt' there , I would have really enjoyed seeing him dressed like a cowboy with all of the others!* and I was relieved to see that Justin was much more relaxed *or so it seemed* this episode compared to yesterdays where he was just a bit tempermental...

In A Fix is the best show ever! I look forward to it everynight while I eat my ice cream! Mmmm hmmm!
    Joshin' over James Lunday!
    James Lunday: "There's nothing like a machine that spins really fast!"
    James Lunday: (to Justin) "Would you like to use my saw?"

The cowboy episode from yesterday was hilarious. Everyone impersonating Justin, the homeowner actually working, Franzella looking super-hot in that top, and Greg being Greg.

Chairman of the Bored Cruella_DeVil's Avatar

Iaf

Quote Originally Posted by John
    The cowboy episode from yesterday was hilarious. Everyone impersonating Justin, the homeowner actually working, Franzella looking super-hot in that top, and Greg being Greg.
    One of the best eppys yet. Finally, a HO who does know his stuff even though he didn't have the time to carry through... Finally, designs that looked great without using a whole bunch of crappy stuff that looked like crappy stuff. I am thinking back to other eppys where they did designs that looked like ass... chain link fencing hanging in the living room, tiki bars, sand in a backyard near the pool and door. Sometimes those designers have the worst ideas. Makes you wonder just how much time they actually spend planning prior to filming. The whole designer drawing plans on whatever (fabric, walls, people) is really stooopid. Give these people some paper!!!

Gotta admit that I hated this show when it first aired, but it definitely has gotten a whole lot better. First impressions are important and this show didn't leave a good one on me, but I gave it a chance once they put it in a decent time slot that didn't interfe with the Clean Sweep show.

The guys who are the real professionals rock (Justin and Sparky). Danny gives it a good go too - he's hilarious. That fake boobed gal just whines way too much. The host needs to quit hitting on all the female HO's. Guess they needed to find their groove... some of the cast still does :rolleyes. Oh well... I'll shut up now.

Originally posted by Cruella Devil
    The whole designer drawing plans on whatever (fabric, walls, people) is really stooopid. Give these people some paper!!!
    I disagree VERY much. I think it is really creative and kind of funny and something new. I especially liked it when Nani wrote the plans out on Sparky's back. I also think all of the crew (Sparky, Justin, Greg, Danny, Genny *sp?*, and James) are all professional, some are just more silly than others. And you can't have an entertaining remodeling show without some humor so when Justin is in a [mod edit] mood its pretty funny trying to see everyone make the environment less of a tense and agitating place.

I also like Nani's designs alot better. I don't know why I just think Franzella makes alot of her works really crazy. Not crazy crazy it just seems like there is so much... she uses so much space, it all seems a litle clausterphobic. I haven't seen as many Franzella episodes as I've seen Nani but like I said I like Nani's alot designs a lot!
    Last edited by John; 06-16-2004 at 03:11 PM.
    Joshin' over James Lunday!
    James Lunday: "There's nothing like a machine that spins really fast!"
    James Lunday: (to Justin) "Would you like to use my saw?"

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LundaysLady
    Your team? *is curious* Hi, I'm new *waves*
    Ahh..I was a bit of "tongue in cheek" with that statement! I really like this show and think of the whole crew as "our" crew cause they do a little following here on the Fort.

The cowboy episode was cute! I'm so glad I got out of that Southwest style living though (used to be big time for me ), cause the whole design started bugging me. But, for them...I thought it all looked wonderful, especially the faux wood thingy-mabobs that were screwed into the wall.

When the HO was painting the outside, I was wondering if he did the whole house or just the front. I bet he just did the front cause of time constraints.

Is it just ME or does Greg moan and complain in every episode he is in? Every project he is doing, it's the "death of him". He's the only one that irritates me.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I thought the show was good, the HO was great, especially after the lazy bunch they had recently. This guy knew his stuff, just got inudated by the house and all the projects. I think the crew works better when Nani isn't the designer. I think she makes things tense on the site. And I was thinking the same thing, Gregg is a bit of a whiner.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread