+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: In A Fix

I'm really liking this show ... it's replaced Trading Spaces for me. I still like to tune in sometimes at 10 til the hour on TS to see the before/after; but love to actually watch this show! Love the interaction of the crew, the poking at the lazy homeowners, love making them wear that shirt all 3 days! "IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!!"
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Last night I watched the one where they turn the cluttered, throw everything in this room, dump...into a sports room. Complete with astro-turf, race track and football stadium mural.
    It turned out really good. But the husband didn't seem all too excited. I think he liked it, but he wasn't too vocal about his happiness.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

In A FIx

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    just got done watching tonights show, the owner was a jerk, made them rip out the kitchen they just busted their butts redoing and the crew ended up spending two more days redoing the kitchen again. He is lucky the show stayed, if I was producing, I would have said See Ya!!!! you had your chance to speak up before.

I saw that show too. I couldn't believe that the owner did that also, what nerve!

I really like this show. The host (Mark?) is real funny and so are all the crew. Hope it lasts.

Last nite's episode where the homeowner locked them out of his house, then demanded that they REDO the stuff they had done the day/night before ... what gall. I'd have told him to forget it and sent a bill for the labor/supplies.

What a JERK.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Last night I watched the one where they turn the cluttered, throw everything in this room, dump...into a sports room. Complete with astro-turf, race track and football stadium mural.
    It turned out really good. But the husband didn't seem all too excited. I think he liked it, but he wasn't too vocal about his happiness.
    I thought the same thing. The husband and wife seemed a little off, IMO - they weren't all that kissy with each other even. He kept aiming for her mouth and she kept turning her head so he got her on the cheek. Given what they had to work with, I thought the end result was pretty cool and I really liked the idea of that mural.

I'm not usually overwhelmed by Franzella's designs and color choices, but I really didn't like the way the racetrack/scoreboard thing came out. Who'll always have 3 other guys around when you want to take it down? I see it collecting a lot of dust up there, especially given the way these two apparently keep house. Maybe Clean Sweep would have been a better choice for this house.

I missed last night's ep and now I'm sorry I did - it sounds like a doozy. I definitely wouldn't have spent another two days working on some schmuck's house. I wonder if there was something else going on behind the scenes that was the reason for them staying (like a major design flaw or some other big code issue). This doesn't strike me as a show that takes a lot of crud from the homeowners; I can't see them devoting another two days unless there was something serious happening that they did feel responsible for. This seems like one of the few decorating/home improvement shows where doing the job right and up to code is top priority, so it sort of seems like that would be one of the few reasons they'd stay longer on a job.

But then again, I missed the show entirely and might have it completely backwards. How did the crew react to staying longer? That's usually a good indicator, they don't seem shy about expressing their lack of love for a homeowner when necessary (Greg in the Voodoo Sun Porch, Sparky in the house with the bright blue lacquered bar).

Just saw the blue-lacquered bar episode. Loved at the end when Marc said "We've done a lot of houses, and I can say for sure that you have been the absolute least helpful homeowner yet."

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Just saw the blue-lacquered bar episode. Loved at the end when Marc said "We've done a lot of houses, and I can say for sure that you have been the absolute least helpful homeowner yet."
    And he was, too! His whining gets worse when you watch the ep more than once - he was much, much more annoying the second and third time I saw him complaining about the bar lip and his wife's table.

I've been watching my own personal marathon of In A Fix episodes, because TiVo picked up a bunch while I was out of town.

I just want to say, if there is EVER framing or drywall that needs to be done in my house, I'm hunting down Justin and paying whatever the heck he wants. He's the best drywaller I've ever seen, and fast as heck!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I've been watching my own personal marathon of In A Fix episodes, because TiVo picked up a bunch while I was out of town.

I just want to say, if there is EVER framing or drywall that needs to be done in my house, I'm hunting down Justin and paying whatever the heck he wants. He's the best drywaller I've ever seen, and fast as heck!

I agree with everything you said. I've been on my own In A Fix marathon also..for some reason, I'm catching every episode! I'm getting all backed up on which ones to even talk about cause I've seen so many now. Yeah..Justin is great!!! I actually like the whole crew....they can ALL come and work on my house.

The last one I saw was the "Surfer" room.... it didn't come out very 'surferish' to me, but it was ok. Not majorly impressive, but just ok.
    I'm wondering if anyone else saw it too cause I'm wondering why the host was offering the homeowner a job on In A Fix. ??? Then he said, "I'll get back to you and letcha know what the crew decided".. Why would they ask a HO to work with them?

Quote Originally Posted by pink_princess
    But then again, I missed the show entirely and might have it completely backwards. How did the crew react to staying longer? That's usually a good indicator, they don't seem shy about expressing their lack of love for a homeowner when necessary (Greg in the Voodoo Sun Porch, Sparky in the house with the bright blue lacquered bar).
    They basically didn't show them reacting really bad. They probably editted it out, cause I see no way that they would have been happy about it. They did show the "crew project" (where they all have to do something together) and it was to paint something for the artwork in the dining room. The designer said something like.."However you feel about the HO...here is where you can show it".. and they all basically threw paint at the canvas and slopped it around. It was poignant and obvious that nobody was happy w/him.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Man, don't hack off the crew that's redoing your house.

+ Reply to Thread