+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: In A Fix

I want to mess up my house and blame my hubby for it so I can get them to come in and fix it while I'm away at a multi-star hotel being pampered for a few days ... ahhhh!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    ok, got done watching the Mideval Kitchen episode. Turned out so well, that the wife FAINTED when she saw it!!!!!!!! FAINTED!!!

Wasn't that just amazing! The entire crew ended up in tears. In the closing scene Justin wouldn't even raise his head. I even started to tear up.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    ok, got done watching the Mideval Kitchen episode. Turned out so well, that the wife FAINTED when she saw it!!!!!!!! FAINTED!!!
    WHAT!?!?! DAMN IT! I purposely missed episodes to watch other things!!!! :sob
    I sure hope they repeat that one!!

I just saw one episode last night. The house was a "fixer upper" that this couple bought, but for the last TWO YEARS haven't done a thing!! No kitchen counter, holes in walls, no cabinets, exposed wires..etc.. The house was just terrible!

In the end, the house only looked "ok" to me... but I'd say ten thousanths better then before! Oh, and the HO was wiring and wiring and wiring for cable, surround sound..etc.. it was really OTT, and the crew was bothered at him. He apparently does that for a living.

Wish I would have seen the wife faint instead!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

she faints, comes around, grabs this big bible and starts praising jesus just like Vecepia in survivor....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Just finished watching the fainting episode. The guy was about as lazy as someone gets. No kitchen for 12 years??? And then didn't do a dang thing to help out, really.

The reaction at the end, I'm not sure if I liked it or not. Obviously she was happy, but I think it was a little over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Just finished watching the fainting episode. The guy was about as lazy as someone gets. No kitchen for 12 years??? And then didn't do a dang thing to help out, really.

The reaction at the end, I'm not sure if I liked it or not. Obviously she was happy, but I think it was a little over the top.
    Fumes.

Or not.

But she was high on something.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

I love this show and it's definitely taken Monster House's place for me. I've seen a handful of episodes (saw one this morning where they redid a den (with a GRILL in it!/bedroom into a bedroom/office) and I'm really hooked on these guys.

I love that there's a ton of humor, barely any griping and moaning unless it's on the part of the homeowner asked to pound a nail or two (and that rarely lasts long) and at the end, the couples seem genuinely thrilled with what they've been given and to appreciate what was done. I missed the fainting wife, but saw a few crying ones, lol.

And there's lots of funny and sexy eye candy - the Aussie is freaking me out a little bit, but I was quite literally LOL when they burned his shirt and just for making me laugh, he gets points. Sparky is a doll and even Greg has that sexy bald guy thing going on. This is really a charismatic group of builders that also happens to seem pretty talented (I'm no GC, but they seem good) and it looks like production does a great job of picking the right couples to have on the shows. The Cable Freak was a bit annoying in a funny way, the guy who wouldn't let them paint his wife's table and who was peeing his pants about the trim on his blue laquer bar was just annoying - but even those shows have been enjoyable.

It's refreshing to find a decorating show that isn't about turning someone's room into a monstrosity with flowers stapled to the wall or one that's about build teams ripping each others' heads off only to have HO's not even like what they did. I thought Clean Sweep was my MH replacement, but I'd rather watch this show (and maybe catch Sparky shirtless). :

I just watched the "Gentleman's Den" episode from this morning (with the grill in the living room).

I do really like the way the team works together and does something great every time, while having a lot of fun in the process.

I wish that all of them were there every episode, though. Where were Justin and James this episode? And the other day, where were Danny and Greg?

I missed Justin and James a lot. Justin is the "hard-worker with no funny bone", and James is the "slacker aussie who doesn't believe in painting wood" - together they MAKE the show.

I missed this show this morning, I have noticed that the crew rotates. I think they have other businesses to take care of. I read that Greg I think has his own business and one other does, have to read the bios on the TLC site.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Just wanted to say again how much I just adore this show. I watched it all week (TLC airs it at 6 each evening, central time) and saw some episodes I hadn't caught before. Loved the voodoo Mardi Gras sunporch although the homeowner was kind of a pain in the rear. Greg cracked me up with the bit with Nonni and the tadpoles.

These guys are all so much fun, but I can see why they don't use them all every episode. There are some builds that need them all and some where the guys would be tripping all over each other if they all worked. It's cool that they're all so versatile - James usually does carpentry, but he can lay tile and do drywall just as well. Sparky is supposed to be the electrician, but he can do carpentry just fine. Justin seems to be the most rounded and a dang hard worker - he's loosening up a little bit, I loved the interplay between him and James when working on the dollhouse in the playroom ep that aired during the week and again this morning.

I also like how these designers aren't afraid to call in some professional help to deal with things they don't have time for, like laying carpet or handing special paint jobs. It's a lot more realistic than trying to convince us these guys and the HO can do all that work.

I wonder if they'll ever state what their budget is for each build. It doesn't seem like they worry too much about it, more that the idea is to get the room done and get it done right.

This really is a terrific show, I've convinced my dad to at least tape it and try to watch it later on and my brother is hooked.

+ Reply to Thread