+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: In A Fix

FORT Newbie
    I'm confused... why does the cast wear the exact same clothes during each episode? I love this show sooo much, but it drives me nuts that they don't change! Does this show actually last 3 days?

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes
    I'm confused... why does the cast wear the exact same clothes during each episode? I love this show sooo much, but it drives me nuts that they don't change! Does this show actually last 3 days?
    The reason they wear the same clothes is for maintaining consistency in the filming edits. Often they have to refilm certain segments, like the staged parts, confessionals, etc., because something wasn't quite right, like sound or lighting or whatever. So by wearing the same clothes all three days (and yes, it does last 3 days), if they have to reshoot something from day 1 on day 2 or 3, they can do it and still have the same look. Makes the film editor's job much easier.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    The reason they wear the same clothes is for maintaining consistency in the filming edits. Often they have to refilm certain segments, like the staged parts, confessionals, etc., because something wasn't quite right, like sound or lighting or whatever. So by wearing the same clothes all three days (and yes, it does last 3 days), if they have to reshoot something from day 1 on day 2 or 3, they can do it and still have the same look. Makes the film editor's job much easier.
    thank you, thank you, thank you... you have no idea how annoyed/confused I was! now i can watch this great show without being bothered in the least! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyes
    thank you, thank you, thank you... you have no idea how annoyed/confused I was! now i can watch this great show without being bothered in the least! thanks
    lol, I know exactly how you feel.... I can be watching and enjoying a show and some little detail that doesn't seem to make sense will rear it's ugly head and I find myself being distracted totally by it until I figure it out, lol
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Well, there's a new designer.. I think her name is Ivanna? Hmm..I think I'm wrong about that. But anyway, she looks SO MUCH like Franzella...she could be her sister!

She did good on her design..it was called "inside out room" (I think), and they made a stone patio area outside, and a nice room inside.
    My only complaint was a thing that she had the builders do with chicken wire. ANY design that uses chicken wire, IMO is crummy. I don't like it used in the home.

All in all, she did great.
    Anyone else see this episode?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I agree about them looking like sisters. I couldn't watch the whole episode so I'll catch it on the repeat. But I loved how she read Greg for complaining about not helping him and Jenny.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Her name's Evette, and yeah, she does look a lot like Franzella That shirt she was wearing kept distracting me though Not in a "she's so hot" way, but in a "isn't that thing uncomfortable?" way, lol. Was just.. odd looking, lol

I liked the stone patio. And yeah, also liked the way she pushed Greg's buttons, lol

She was decent, except for the chicken wire. I really didn't like that at all.

And really, anything that prevents Deborah from appearing on a show is a bonus to me.

Anyone catch last week's show? They fixed the home of the neighbor whose yard they wrecked during the show a couple of weeks ago. That was pretty interesting, even if the homeowner was kind of a pain in the butt.

Yeah, I caught that episode. I agree about the homeowner, too. It was interesting what they did with the 2 rooms, too. Loved the electrical work done by Sparky

I did enjoy the reappearances by the previous IAF homeowners next door, though. Was nice to see that they're still enjoying the backyard IAF did for them. This is something I wish they'd do more of in some of the home improvement shows -- revisit the homeowners later to see if they made changes, still like or dislike what was done, etc. That's always something I wonder about at the end of a show -- how the homeowners feel about it some months or a year later.

+ Reply to Thread