+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: In A Fix

I caught an episode the other day where the whole crew had to shave their facial hair, etc.. I didn't hear why they had to. Anyone?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Sparky promised to shave his facial hair for the kids who were big fans and visited him. But just Sparky. Marc has much shorter hair this season.

Ahh! Got it.. Marc was there, but with really short hair... so I assumed that everyone was doing it.

Thanks John!

FORT Newbie
    In a Fix is my favourite D.I.Y. show. I love James. He's so cute.

VERY RARE that the team has to work on a yard.. but yesterday they did! It was the "Yard 'O Love". I was VERY impressed with the final outcome, such a beautiful job they did, I was jealous!

My most favorite part of this episode was when the neighbor started "complaining" about the bricks stacked up in his yard. "Yesterday, it was tracks...today it's bricks. You know my wife is crying about this'... It was great! (because he was obviously joking and they were all going along with it)

Then the dad who helped out with the heavy, spur of the moment heavy equipment.. he went running to get away from the camera!

I think this was one of my favorite episodes, full of fun, laughs and a GREAT outcome to the yard! Oh..and also, they didn't "mask" the fact that Sparky damaged the wooden structure. That's why I love this show so much, they're really real and show all aspects of the build.

Oh, and the couple was really cute together!

Last edited by Maveno; 09-16-2004 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    VERY RARE that the team has to work on a yard.. but yesterday they did! It was the "Yard 'O Love". I was VERY impressed with the final outcome, such a beautiful job they did, I was jealous!

My most favorite part of this episode was when the neighbor started "complaining" about the bricks stacked up in his yard. "Yesterday, it was tracks...today it's bricks. You know my wife is crying about this'... It was great! (because he was obviously joking and they were all going along with it)

Then the dad who helped out with the heavy, spur of the moment heavy equipment.. he went running to get away from the camera!

I think this was one of my favorite episodes, full of fun, laughs and a GREAT outcome to the yard! Oh..and also, they didn't "mask" the fact that Sparky damaged the wooden structure. That's why I love this show so much, they're really real and show all aspects of the build.

Oh, and the couple was really cute together!

I thought they might have her stick around to help too. It wasn't either of their faults alone.

the Tropical Rainforest Garage episode

I'm watching the 'tropical rainforest garage' episode for the first time right now. (I miss James being in it, lol)

Is it just me, or did anyone else think the wife (Lourdes) was a bit too diva-ish? I mean, as she and the crew all said, her entire house was spotless, clean, very nice, and she's threatening her husband with divorce over the garage? Yeah, that garage was really bad, I agree. But she was pretty mean to him, and a garage being worth more than a marriage? There was just something about her attitude that was irritating.

Noni's theme for the garage sounds a bit odd for a garage, but I guess I'll wait and see how it turns out. That guy has a LOT of tanks in there, lol!
    Last edited by Nemeses; 10-01-2004 at 02:28 AM. Reason: corrected the name of Noni's theme
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Nice job

Well, now that the show is over, I have to admit the garage looks pretty nice I still think Lourdes (the wife) could be nicer to her husband though. She didn't even look for him or notice him until a few minutes into the reveal when he approached her ("Oh hi, Gene") :rolleyes

And it was a nice touch to add the wheelchair ramps so their son could enjoy the new garage/hobby area too. A nice job all around, though I still missed James in this episode
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Another pop in visitor. I love this show. I'm in the process of purchasing my first home (closing the end of October), and I've seen more TLC and HGTV in the last few months than I'd ever have thought I could sit through. This show is my favorite, though.

I loved the music oriented couple that was on recently, where the husband seemed to be genuinely into the whole thing, and I thought the wife was pleased with the result. That's probably been my favorite so far.

I'm unsure which designer I like the best - I seem to have seen more of Nani's shows, and I do tend to like hers. Something about Deborah herself rubs me a bit the wrong way, and I'm certain that's influenced my view of her work. Franzella, I've just not seen enough of what she creates, so tough call.

Aside from Deborah, the only one of the cast that I don't care much for is Goldberg, as he can be irritating to me from time to time. However, the whole tone of the program is top notch, and I look forward to watching .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Re; The rainforest garage

I watched it again, and the one thing that I wish they would have done differently was the ramp. Bigger, better.

I miss James too, he cracks me up. But I really enjoy the show, no matter who is missing.

+ Reply to Thread