+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: In A Fix

I would scrutinize.
    I agree that it did brighten it up, and that it didn't look bad though.

Greg had more paint on his head and face than what he had on the ceiling.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

peak a boo

hi all just dropping in to say hi. I love In a Fix.

Beth

Greg should have done the sprayer at the beginning like he said. I was surprised that they didn't try rolling it on first also. Pickling when done on cabinets is brushed on using a 3-4 inch wide brush so that the strokes aren't as noticeable.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

The Dude's Room

Oh my gosh, I'm still laughing from today's episode of "The Dude's Room" where Marc put on a dolphin costume and was fartin' around outside while the crew came out to see why he wasn't helping them work, but all Marc would say was "eeeek, eeek" in dolphinese. OMG! Marc is so damned funny! His voiceover hosting always has me giggling. The "tool of the day" segment is hilarious, too.

Finally got to see James without that ugly ripped-sleeved shirt on .... since they "fell" in the pool, guess they ran out and bought some cheapy K-Mart tanktops.

Why can't the guys follow Noni's directions? They always veer, then pretend they don't know why she's frustrated. LOL! Makes for good TV, though!

This show is the best! But man, does Florida look HOT!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I loved when Mark was dressed as the dolphin!! He is a great host and has a lot of commentary that cracks me up!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Hey all, rumour has it that the first episode of season 2 of In A Fix will be airing tonight at 9 (I'm assuming that's EST). Although it's not listed in any of the tv listings I've looked at (and TLC has done no promotion of it), it has apparently been confirmed by someone.

From the TLC message board:
    Hi everyone,
    Let me give you the latest to the best of my knowledge. The production crew from North South Productions that is handling In A Fix stated to me that they spoke with the highest person at TLC who said that this Sunday July 18th the new season (with my show) will premier. I explained to them that it was not on any tv listings and the person at North South Productions said that was irrelevent since she was told that the Sunday showing was confirmed. She could not tell me why it was not in the tv listings for sure but that she thought it had something to do with the greater viewing audience of that time slot. I told her that the tv schedule listings showed my show will air Wednesday at 7:00 pm. She says it should also air then, but that the time slot for Wed had less audience base and not ideal for the season kick off. She also stated that it is very likely that it will air on Wednesday also just as the tv listings suggests. Thus, I am being told it WILL air Sunday July 18th at 9:00 pm AND Wednesday July 21st at 7:00. Now thats all I can tell you. If the Sunday show does not actualize please keep in mind that it is not my fault and that I am only relaying the information that they have told me. If the show does air on Sunday 9:00, then you have insider information that was not marketed. Hope you all like my show!!!!
    You are a great bunch, thanks for sharing.
    Leana

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Does anyone find it weird that 90% of the home owners front doors open outward on this show? Is it a Florida thing (that is where most of these shows are taped, right?)? Coming from an architectural and interior design background this always strikes me as so unwelcoming. It's bad feng shui, too. If I was on this show, that'd be one of the first things I'd fix.
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 07-28-2004 at 05:21 PM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I despise "In A Fix." It's "Hooters Does Home Repair," insulting to the women who work on the show and insulting to the women who watch the show. Even lesbian women, I'm sure, fail to be amused by the way the female cast members are served up like cupcake racks instead of human beings.

But this show isn't for women, though women are the big demographic for home repair. This show is clearly meant to enhance the male demo. Hey, no problem with that! "Monster House" is designed to attract the same viewers, and the same advertiser dollars, but manages to do it without the desperate breast-focus "In A Fix" sinks to. Surely a competent director with a sensible show concept could manage to entertain the husbands without alienating the wives...and alienating our spending money, too.

Not only are the women compelled to wear teeny tank tops that are two sizes too small and remarkably low-cut, the director won't let the camera operator focus on their faces. It's the cleavage that's center screen when the women are talking. Or sawing. Or walking. Or crouching (oh, especially crouching!) Or hammering, stapling, or anything else.

And the women are, remarkably, all way, way, WAY at the tail of the bosom bell-curve, so to speak. These ladies clearly had to pass a looks test that the men did not, and I have my suspicions about how the female homeowners are chosen, too -- more by bra size than by household troubles.

What about equal-opportunity pulchritude? What if they had done "Hotties Do Home Repair" instead of "Hooters Does Home Repair?" If both genders on the show had been chosen more for their contours instead of for their skills, we still wouldn't watch it at my house but it would be less egregiously sexist and thus less offensive.

Ptui! Hey, breasts are great, breasts are fine, but there are shows where they are more appropriate than here. Shouldn't howitzers be on the History Channel? And even here, it wouldn't be so bad except for the lewd wardrobe choices, prurient camera angles, and the one-sided sexism.

BOOOOO!!!!
    Last edited by lisasmall; 08-01-2004 at 04:32 PM.

Hmmm ... I guess I just see it differently than that. Of all the home improvement shows, I like this one the best. This one at least IMPROVES the home, instead of decorating it up however the wackjob designer wants. Who cares that the designers and Jenny are good looking and well built? Jenny knows how to weild a power tool, and do not run to the men to help her out; she also doesn't back down when they want to do things differently.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I couldn't disagree more, lisasmall. My wife thoroughly enjoys IAF as much as I do, and it's because of the transformation on the homes and the enjoyable time the crew has doing it, and not because of hooters or beefcake.

And if you'll read through this thread, I'm sure you'll find more people drooling over Sparky, James, and Justin than you will those drooling over Nani and Jennie.

+ Reply to Thread