+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Decorating and other things 101...

FORT Fogey

Decorating and other things 101...

Ok only because you asked! I have had several pm's asking for decorating helps and we should start a thread on it. I know we have several other decorative types here at the FORT so here is a thread to ask questions, post suggestions, tips etc on all things household, party planning, decorating what ever!

My sister is an HGTV addict and loves the shows where they do the wild makeovers. So, she's gotten a wild hair and is transforming her master bedroom into a forest theme which I think is really cool (startted by taking a sledgehammer and making two medium sized bedrooms int one big one....whoa, just like tv!) . She's not through; the wall paint will be a little more subtle, ceiling raised, etc but I'm attaching some pictures that show kind of what's going on.(by the way, all of the leaves and so forth ares silk so they will last forever)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

That looks like fun as long as she doesn't put in a jungle soundtack to go with it. Maybe she and her husband will just do the jungle sounds huh?

Quote Originally Posted by chadoe
    That looks like fun as long as she doesn't put in a jungle soundtack to go with it. Maybe she and her husband will just do the jungle sounds huh?
    Yeah, I already suggested a swinging vine for playing Tarzan and Jane!

This is really great! Someone read my mind. I have a problem and I was thinking of starting a thread just to ask you all for help on my room. I have a "spare" bedroom that needs to be decorated to fit two kids. My daughter is 9 and visits every other weekend or so, etc. She is very girly. My son, 15 has begun visiting now too during the holiday time, summer, etc. He is a typical teenager. I want to do something that they both might like. My first thought was something funky and retro. But "first thought" is as far as I can get. Any ideas would help.
    "People are strange, when you're a stranger" - Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by SCRUMPOT
    This is really great! . I have a I have a "spare" bedroom that needs to be decorated to fit two kids. My daughter is 9 and visits every other weekend or so, etc. She is very girly. My son, 15 has begun visiting now too during the holiday time, summer, etc. He is a typical teenager. I want to do something that they both might like. My first thought was something funky and retro. But "first thought" is as far as I can get. Any ideas would help.
    I like the retro idea; maybe something with old board games, Slinkys, and so forth- I bet you can get stuff like that at a yard sale for near nothing. Colors like hot pink ,blue, tangerine, lime and so forth can be used for "retro" too, especially with black , and in ways that are gender-neutral.

+ Reply to Thread