+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Have you noticed your interest in "trading spaces" waning?

FORT Fan
    For me, Trading Spaces jumped the shark when Kia first rolled in with her "fun" little borders. They lost me when the series shifted from home improvement to stunts and confrontations and designer temper tantrums.

And word, word, word to all the people who say they prefer to watch shows that do something for those who can't afford to help themselves.

As far as I'm concerned, Trading Spaces is what I watch when I can't find EM:Homeowner Edition, Debbie Travis, WYWO or In A Fix. (I know, I know: those last three don't necessarily benefit the less privileged. But they are FUN to watch. Fun. Not controversial.)

The only good thing left about Trading Spaces? Frank. I don't care for his decorating style. But I love to watch him work and my word is he a sweetheart!

Ok, I used to LOVE this show. But now, I just don't watch it anymore. I think when they started Trading Spaces Family, is where I lost interest. I don't remember her name, but she did two boy brothers room, and covered the walls with corkboard or something. She annoys the hell outta me. I can stand her. If theres an episode with her, I won't watch it. Also, I sometimes (*sometimes) don't mind Hildi's crazy designs, but sometimes it's a little way to much. I think I might have missed the 100k show... but $6000 on curtains? Please, what a waste! Anyways, I don't watch the show anymore, it's boring now.

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    Now that Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is around, I don't understand why I used to watch Trading Spaces... these were all rich people that didn't need their houses redone... I love EM:HE
    Oh God, I totally agree with you, especially on the "rich people that didn't need their houses redone" part. I just think EM:HE makes Trading Spaces totally irrelevent.

TLC just flogged their cash cow to death and everyone's sick of it. Well I am anyway.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I remember a time when I would freak out if I missed an episode of Trading Spaces. I have barely watched it this year, except for the Homefree edition. I used to watch TLC almost 24/7, but now I barely watch any of those shows, except for the occasional What not to wear, WYWO and Clean sweep.

FORT Newbie

People magazine this week

People has three stories from remodeling shows, two of them Trading stories. I won't spoil it for those who would rather read it for themselves, but let's just say that once the cameras go away, things are not always as they seem. And Hildi is right in the middle of it.

people magazine article

You are right, Scairp...that was some article. I remember watching the episode with the wine bottle labels. (Hildi used the labels, thousands of them as a "wallpaper" treatment. Problem was, the male HO was a Pastor, I believe, and they didn't allow alcohol in their house.) Needless to say, when I was watching it, I knew this was a trainwreck in the making, but it really hit home when, in the article, the HO said it took $5000 to "undo" all that was done in those mere 48 hours......yikes.
    You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em...

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I read the People article, and can't figure out where they spent $5000. I've just gone through a kitchen re-do that was twice that size, and since they didn't appear to change the floors or counters, I don't know why it was so expensive. The cabinets looked similar, and if they really just hated the color, stripper is cheap and so is paint or finish, so for about $150 they could have re done the cabinets. But maybe they did get new cabinets. Taking wine labels off is much easier than all those damn flowers Hilde put up in that bathroom! No staple marks.

FORT Newbie
    Between Hildi's horribly hideous "designs" and the women screeching and jumping up and down like fifteen year-olds after the reveals, I completely lost interest. Used to be fun, but now there's too much drama for my taste. Check out "In a Fix." Down to earth, great looking guys and talented designers, especially Nanni.

Not over yet.....
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl
    I read the People article, and can't figure out where they spent $5000. I've just gone through a kitchen re-do that was twice that size, and since they didn't appear to change the floors or counters, I don't know why it was so expensive. The cabinets looked similar, and if they really just hated the color, stripper is cheap and so is paint or finish, so for about $150 they could have re done the cabinets. But maybe they did get new cabinets. Taking wine labels off is much easier than all those damn flowers Hilde put up in that bathroom! No staple marks.
    yes, but depending on how she affixed the labels to the wall, they might have had to re-sheetrock.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl
    I'm sure they went for the most expensive "quote" from the contractors to fix the problem(s) they wanted to get rid of.
    Since it was Trading Spaces that did the crapass work, they wouldn't take the easy route of paying the neighbor guy $200 to fix it, I'm sure they'd call the most expensive joint in town to do it.

Know what I mean?

At least I would. (with TSpaces, not in any other normal situation)
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456