+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have you noticed your interest in "trading spaces" waning?

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMrox
    sorry.. i can't resist: with that hideous cardboard room, the HO's must've said let's get "outside the box" and QUICK!!!
    Now that was funny!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]There was a time I would never miss a show and now I rarely watch. The reason? It's become boring, predictable and too full of "gags." Yawn.
    "People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life." - Faith Resnick

Basically, yes. I even started to lose interest in it before I started watching other shows, such as While You Were Out.

FORT Fogey
    Now that Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is around, I don't understand why I used to watch Trading Spaces... these were all rich people that didn't need their houses redone... I love EM:HE

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I have started watching Debbie Travis , and the Decorating challenge more. I can't stand the drama of designer(s) not just Hilde, who don't give a crap about their homeowners wishes. Just wanting to make some kind of "statement" only flies in a gallery , not someones home.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    How could I forget the 100k show?

It still disgusts me to think of how money was wasted on that show.
    Laurie and her $6000 curtains and $1800 mirror, ridiculous.
    Just a complete waste of money and a wasted opportunity to really do some good for a lot of people with that budget.
    Yeah!!! Six thousand for curtains. I kept thinking about what they could have done with two homes which, say, needed expensive help to give disabled family members better access to family life (e.g., good access to the main living areas instead of being trapped in a bedroom all the time; or access to an outdoor deck from the bedroom, for fresh air's sake; etc.)

Or would it have KILLED them to do, say, a homeless shelter? Or a set of ten Habitat for Humanity homes?

And the $100K just didn't look that good in the end, IMHO. Ptui!

Quote Originally Posted by ANTMrox
    sorry.. i can't resist: with that hideous cardboard room, the HO's must've said let's get "outside the box" and QUICK!!!
    Urrrgh! Yes!

What bothers me most about the cardboard room are two things:

1. This was for the HO's mother to live in. Hildy was, essentially, taking a nice middle-class attic and turning it into a cardboard box, something you'd find a homeless person living in under a viaduct. I suspect Grandma was less than thrilled.

2. It's trashy, and will be expensive to repair, and I don't think Hildy cares even a little tiny bit about the damage she does or the costs to fix it. If you saw the episode which followed Hildy back to her apartment in France, it's obvious she and her husband have more money than the U.S. Mint. The financial burdens she keeps dumping on the "little people" to repair the straw walls, the glued walls, the stapled walls, the fake-flower walls, and here, the cardboard walls...where was I? Oh, yeah, the financial burdens she dumps on these non-wealthy people to repair her vandalism don't seem to slow her down for a second. Shame on her.

FORT Newbie
    I heard from another website that there was a dispute about Vern's receipts. I remember Doug being very vocal about the whole situation. I guess instead of receipts Vern handed in Excel Spreadsheets with all of costs listed. Doug was really outspoken and rude in my opinion. I am not sure if this is really what happened but I think I might have also read something about it on Vern's website. I too miss Vern, I do not think there was a room he did I didn't like.

Who remembers Dez from Season 1?

Not over yet.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolman

Who remembers Dez from Season 1?
    I do! I do! She did that harlequin purple room with the hands on the mantle and the crazy lamps.

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    Now that Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is around, I don't understand why I used to watch Trading Spaces... these were all rich people that didn't need their houses redone... I love EM:HE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast