+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have you noticed your interest in "trading spaces" waning?

Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    Wait. Seriously, is Vern gone? Because if he's gone gone, well, I'm probably never going to watch TS again. Except to perv on Andrew. But after that, no more.
    Ah, no one could have said it more eloquently, Duckgirl. I too may tune in simply to ogle the Andrew, but otherwise the magic is gone.

NO VERN, NO LOVE FROM ME!!!!!

Vern was the best!!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Hapa
    TS has definitely gone from a "must watch" to a "if there's nothing else on" show for me.
    Reasons?
    - 100k show - what a waste
    - Addition of more designers that have no real design appeal for me
    - Ty's ego getting too big for his britches
    - Less Vern
    Hey Maveno.... great avatar!
    Yes Hapa, I did a double-take when I saw your avatar! Love'm! (I almost picked that one, but love their craziness too much! )

I agree with every reason you listed here. Ty is a jerk anymore. The 100K episode REALLY DID upset our household after we watched it. With all the wasted $$, down to NOT SPENDING (I think) $800.00. ?!!? What the hell...go and buy some new windows..pave the driveway... something! Screw it, gimme the remaining $$ then. Not to mention the designing was awful!

Anyway...I'm really dead serious about Andrew and Chayse Dakota. I was hoping someone would know something. ::sigh:: Well, fine...they're a couple to me then.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Vern is GONE???
    that sucks big time. I hate Hildi and Christi. I like looking at Barry though.

I watched the episode of WYWO when the host was asking Andrew and CHayse if they were a couple. I don't think they are. Chayse asked Andrew why the host was asking them that and Andrew said he thought he was just trying to stir something up. So after that they started joking about it. Did any of that make sense? Anyways No I don't think theyre a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf
    I watched the episode of WYWO when the host was asking Andrew and CHayse if they were a couple. I don't think they are. Chayse asked Andrew why the host was asking them that and Andrew said he thought he was just trying to stir something up. So after that they started joking about it. Did any of that make sense? Anyways No I don't think theyre a couple.

Hmm...interesting. Thanks for responding, if you can't tell ....it's been driving me crazy.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Is Doug gone? He was the one I couldn't stand. Every episode with him spawned a contest with my husband to see how long it would take for him to start pouting because his homeowners would call him on his disgusting "designs." Not for nothing, but you'd think these folks would realize that these people still have to be neighbors. Vern got it. So did Frank, until some apparent obsession with farm animals.

FORT Fan
    Hi.

Vern isn't really gone... he has been busy helping Oprah's viewers. I have seen him at least 3-4 times during this season.

Quote Originally Posted by paulstan
    Vern isn't really gone... he has been busy helping Oprah's viewers. I have seen him at least 3-4 times during this season.
    I read somewhere (I think it was Vern's website) and Vern himself said he'd be much less visible on TS until further notice.

Edward is great and when he's not on, I have very little interest in watching

when Kia is on I change the channel

I hate when Paige says $983.67 Who the hell cares about the .67

and yeah those screaming kids on TS Family.... ugggghhhh

Just my opinion: Interest in TS *is* fading. If Kia and Hildi were let go, that would be a step in the right direction
    Last edited by ANTMrox; 03-10-2004 at 05:36 AM.

The majority of my interest in TS died the day Doug did the ep where he covered the HOs fireplace when that was the one thing she said she didn't want touched. Then the HO had an on-camera meltdown (I want to say they were in Washington, but I'm not sure anymore) and it turned out her mother either died or was extremely ill during taping. I felt so completely and utterly used after that episode - the producers and editors deliberately put that show together in a way that created controversy. I know it WAS controversial, but it came off in such a shlocky, staged way (on the TS staff's part) that it just turned me stone cold.

I admit I've watched the eps featuring the worst of Hideous Hildi and they have the same feel as that one with Doug - manipulative, design for controversy's sake. If I catch the show and there's nothing else on, I may watch it while I flip channels, but I cannot watch an entire episode anymore. Just seeing the previews for the next one with the two male HOs - and the one gets all pissy with Ty - makes my stomach hurt.

On the other hand, In a Fix is my new guilty pleasure and they rarely ever have any issues with their HOs that aren't cheerfully resolved. These guys make me laugh and I'm not usually afraid the HOs are going to be ticked off (although Franzella's designs make me nervous).

(also raises hand and admits to lusting after Andrew Dan-Jumbo - he could just lift wood and tools and talk to me all day )

new Asian designer (female)

There's a new female designer on TS (Family?) who appears to be Chinese or Korean. I think her name is Kat. Has anyone caught a glimpse of her work and/or have further information about her

tx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast