+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have you noticed your interest in "trading spaces" waning?

TS has gone from a must see show for me to...ehhh if I catch it cool, if not no biggie also pending if there's anything else going on to do or watch. I don't know exactly why but I'm guessing it has to do with the overstock of these type shows in the viewing market now

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    Ducky, Saturday's your lucky day!
    Check it out!

A "Jumbo" guest star for Trading Spaces? Can designers Frank Bielec and Hildi Santos Tomas handle While You Were Out's carpenter Andrew Dan-Jumbo? And can he handle double the houses and double the designers? Episode, January 31, 2004

Doh! I had no idea that "andrew" was "jumbo". Boy do I feel dumb (slapping self on the forehead)
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I loveee Andrew. Actually, I loveeee when he and Chayce and Amy Wynn work together. They're all a great bunch to watch, entertaining and funny!!

I know I've heard this rumor before...and at one time the host said to Chayce & Andrew.."Is this your first lover's tiff?"

So. Are they a couple?!
    I NEED to know..it'll put my nosey-nora mind at ease.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Go Adria and Natalie! CaNaDiAn FaN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    So. Are they a couple?!
    Anybody know? Anybody at all? I want to know too!!
    Currently Watching:
    Big Brother 5 - Canadian Idol

- Nokomis - Theresa

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    TS has gone from a must see show for me to...ehhh if I catch it cool, if not no biggie also pending if there's anything else going on to do or watch. I don't know exactly why but I'm guessing it has to do with the overstock of these type shows in the viewing market now
    I feel the same libra.

For me, the problem I have with TS is that I really don't rate most of the designers.
    I'm with ducky, Vern was pretty much the only reason to watch the show.
    The guy works wonders with the budget and really cares what the HO's think of the designs.
    Christy is nice enough, but I find her designs hit and miss. Edward's love of black painted furniture drives me crazy, Barry, while I think he;s a cutie has not impressed me with his designs.
    Rick
    "That's Numberwang!"

TS has definitely gone from a "must watch" to a "if there's nothing else on" show for me.

Reasons?
    - 100k show - what a waste
    - Addition of more designers that have no real design appeal for me
    - Ty's ego getting too big for his britches
    - Less Vern

The addition of Andrew Dan Jumbo has peaked my curiosity. I noticed that he was no longer on WYWO and it's good to see him "trading up". I can just see the sparks flying with some of the TS designers. He could hardly manage one room before, what will he do with two? Sounds like the making of some good TV.

Hey Maveno.... great avatar!
    Last edited by Hapa; 01-31-2004 at 12:13 PM.
    I like to watch - Chance the Gardener, Being There

How could I forget the 100k show?

It still disgusts me to think of how money was wasted on that show.
    Laurie and her $6000 curtains and $1800 mirror, ridiculous.
    Just a complete waste of money and a wasted opportunity to really do some good for a lot of people with that budget.

Ty annoys the hell out of me.
    The $100k episode did allow him to showcase his skills, he's undoubtedly a talented carpenter. The budget and time constraints just don't allow for him to create masterpieces very often, or to work with decent quality materials.
    If he feels he's above making MDF boxes week in week out, then he needs to step aside and let Amy Wynn and Carter take over completely.
    I wouldn't be sorry to see the back of the little egomaniac.
    "That's Numberwang!"

to everyone above. Especially in regards to Edward and his obsessive love of black furniture, and the 100 grand episode.

I don't know why...I just.....stopped....caring. I haven't watched a full episode in months. And the 100 grand episode killed me too. I mean, okay, if they weren't going to do a habitat house (which they SO should have), why limit it to one room? Just a silly, silly, waste and not very interesting.

If Ty gets naked again...well...I can't say I'll turn the channel or anything. But he needs to move the tool belt this time.
    Last edited by Shazzer; 01-31-2004 at 03:40 PM.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Well at least I'm not the only one...I used to love to watch, even the repeats. I was a huge Vern fan, too. When they started with all the new designers I just lost interest...between Kia and Barry and Hildi's ridiculous "designs" I just don't care anymore.

Bring back Vern!!!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

FORT Fogey
    I totally agree with everyone above. They have gone way too far over the top with Hildi. Why, why, why did they get rid of Vern? I saw in my newspaper a while ago that he was going to be at some convention to talk about designing. Hildi needs to be from the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast