+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 100 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: Food Network

Food Network

Does anyone here watch the Food Network?? If so, what are your favorite shows?

I love all of Emeril's shows and have made several of his dishes. They all turned out great. I also like 30 Minute Meals, The Naked Chef, Iron Chef, Bobby Flay and Molto Mario.

I'm a huge Food Network junkie. Favorite shows:

Oliver's Twist (formerly Naked Chef)

30-Minute Meals

A Cooks Tour--Anthony Bourdain (as a side note: I highly recommend reading his book "Kitchen Confidential"...it's a fast and humorous read)

Iron Chef

Good Eats

East Meets West

Not much of a fan of Emeril or Bobby Flay

I haven't seen East meets West, but I bet I'd like it. What I like about Emeril and Bobby Flay is that even if I don't like what they are making, I learn some new information or technique that will help me in my own cooking.

I'm a big fan of unwrapped...I'm a pop culture junkie.
    No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering.

Good Eats!!!
    Food 911 or Tylers Ultimate
    Cooks tour.
    I like Emeril, but they had him on so much that I got burned out on him for a while.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Ooo I love the Food Network. If there isn't anything else on TV, Food TV can keep me entertained. I love Iron Chef, Unwrapped, Naked Chef and Oliver's Twist, A Cook's Tour, $40 a Day and All-American Festivals is fun. I also like when they themes, like next week will be all about Superbowl and tailgating. Dweezil and Lisa is kinda cute too.
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

What an excellent thread! I could watch Food TV all damn day, and I have, I think, on occasions when the rest of my 500 channels didn't offer anything better to watch. I call it my "default channel".

My favorite show has to be Iron Chef. :chef

I explained to my husband that I get engaged by Iron Chef the way he does with football. It is my sport! I yell at the screen, feel every blow of the play by play commentary, have favorite "players", get passionately invested in its outcome.

I have been an Emeril fan way before "Bam" made it's way into the public's vocabulary, when Essence of Emeril was different from any other cooking show on air (before his live show). I still love him, although now his Emerilisms have so saturated our culture they even annoy him.

I also love Anthony Bourdain (who once called Emeril a fuzzy little Ewok) and totally agree with Speedbump, his book Kitchen Confidential is a fun, breezy, enlightening, and surprisingly swashbuckling read, and A Cook's Tour is a blast to watch.

Then I love Alton Brown's show, it's like Bill Nye the Science guy but with food. And Jamie Oliver is so cute, he's totally my little FoodTV crush. I also really seem to enjoy watching Rachel Ray, watching her is like hanging out with a good girlfriend of yours. Jacques Torres' chocolate creations make me.

Like Weston, I love the pop value of Unwrapped and even Top Ten.

You know what, there's hardly a show I will not watch and enjoy on FoodTV. Maybe Martha Stewart, I don't like watching her. And I hate Bobby Flay, especially after his cocky antics when he was a contender on Iron Chef. Other than that, I really love everything about it.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I really like Unwrapped, Nigela Bites, Good Eats and I loved Death Chocolate when it was on.. Oh! I also like Sugar.
    I have a tiny bit of a sweet tooth lol
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I just remembered when Two Fat Ladies was on, I loved that show.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fogey
    Food Network is my favorite channel ever. When I first turn on the TV, I go to Food Network first, then go check the other ones. My favorite shows are

Unwrapped(I'm a big fan of how things are made. I feel so smart when I tell my friends how to make a candy cane)

Good Eats (Alton Brown is the COOLEST guy ever. I love him. Like SFG said, hes like Bill Nye, but with food.

Iron Chef ( I LOVE that Chinese actress whose English voice person sounds like a total air head. I love how when things are translated they sound so stupid. I also like that guy who says something like "Kuison!" and then he explains what they are making. OH! And at the beginning when the host guy takes a HUGE bite into a tomato or whatever that is)

30 Minute Meals and $40 a Day (Rachel Ray is just so cute and perky.)

Emeril Live (I really like Doc Gibbs the musician guy)

Anything Jacques Torres does! He is AMAZING! I think when I grow up I will go to the French Culinary Institute and learn from him.

The World Pastry Cup that they show every once in a while. Can you believe what these people can do with sugar? I wish I had the supplies to try that.

Sweet Dreams (Gale Gand is so cool. I have her cookbook Butter Sugar Flour Eggs - if anyone has it, try the maple iced angel food cake )

Ones I dont like

Bobby Flay- he just seems like a jerk

Martha Stewart (ever since SNL did a Chrismas parody of it, something like Martha's Topless Christmas, I can't watch it wthout imagining her topless )

Oliver's Twist (the food he makes never appeals to me, but I wouldn't mind just watching him)

Dweelzil and Lisa (because.. just because)

Ciao America and Molto Mario - (I never came to like the host)

I swear I could watch food Network 24 hours a day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 100 123456789101151 ... LastLast