+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1464104105106107108109110111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1153
Like Tree359Likes

Thread: Food Network shows

Re: Food Network shows

Pretty cool finale! I wish they didnít have to do the petite fours and could spend more time on their cakes. I am glad for the winner, she seemed like she put heart into her baking.
    tinderbox likes this.

Well, I saw the start to the Kid's Baking contest and it was pretty fun. I like the idea of a cookie cake. Maybe I should give it a try...
    I felt bad for the kid who left first only because he had good intentions of laying out his work so well, but it was taking way too much time and it got the better of him. I do like how everyone joins in to help because they don't want to see anyone not complete a challenge!
    woodiedog likes this.

The new Spring Baking Championship starts tonight at 9!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Well that was a mess. I can't imagine trying to make a cake with parsley or coriander...and most of the cheesecakes looked good, but weren't really tie dyed like they wanted. I'd still eat them.

I'm going to have to make some kind of pie for Pi Day tomorrow...
    Arielflies and tinderbox like this.

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

The kids made better looking tie-dye cakes, but these were cheese cakes so more difficult because of texture.

The "naked" cakes not so naked. However they all had nice hombre coloration on the inside cuts. I've never heard of Ali - I'll have to look him up.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

A couple of those "naked" cakes needed clothing, IMO. But they were all nicely colored once cut, even if the outsides looked hacked up.

I've seen Ali Khan a couple times on Cheap Eats (he's the host), but I'm not super familiar with him otherwise.

Christina's cupcakes were almost too pretty to eat! I can see why she won the first challenge.

Too bad about the blast chiller accident, looks like that screwed up several people's cakes at the end. I felt so bad for the one girl whose cake looked like a big blob.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Christina's cupcakes were almost too pretty to eat! I can see why she won the first challenge.

Too bad about the blast chiller accident, looks like that screwed up several people's cakes at the end. I felt so bad for the one girl whose cake looked like a big blob.
    Her cake was an absolute mess. I think the only reason she didn't get the chop was because it tasted really good, according to the judges. Duff still gave her a warning since this was the second week she produced something that looked terrible (but tasted good).
    waywyrd likes this.

Producing a cake in the shape of a sphere didn't appear easy...for any of them. Hmmm... Maybe it isn't all that tough if you're an accomplished baker. I mean, the judges were rather harsh and seemed to expect better.

The faces Duff makes when he takes a big bite of something...

I can't even imagine making some dessert concoction out of salami and goat cheese, or whatever awful combos they had. Mine would be inedible.

+ Reply to Thread