+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101102103104105106107108109110111
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1110
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: Food Network shows

Re: Food Network shows

I hated to see Ray go last night...shouldn't have put those jalapeno chunks in the mousse! The final three are pretty strong, I'd be happy to see any of them win.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Anyone catch the Holiday Baking Championship last night? That poor guy who ruined his meringue...the little cakes came out like hockey pucks. At least he recovered in the second round. And Nancy always cracks me up with wanting more booze in the treats.

I watched part of the Christmas Cookie Challenge that came on afterwards, but I zonked out before the end. It looked pretty good, though.
    cablejockey and PeekingDuck like this.

I watched the cookie competition. Love these types of shows and can't wait for the Holiday Baking one to start.
    waywyrd and woodiedog like this.

I finished Holiday Baking and am in the middle of the Cookie Challenge. I rather miss Bobby Dean with his corny jokes in Holiday Baking...and, for a sports guy, they sure are beginning to use Jesse Palmer a lot. I don't know about Eddie as a host for the cookies. He is rather in your face when cookies are delicate.

I was sad that one of the two home bakers went home in Holiday Baking. There are two women there and the Weinstein slobby looking man that have, for the moment, made me go yuck. Hope I like them better as time goes on.
    waywyrd and woodiedog like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I watched the Holiday Baking Championship. Not only did the poor guy have hockey pucks, but his candy canes melted into an odd color. It was a mess. I love how Nancy loves to booze it up with the treats . I'm going to have to watch the Christmas Cookie challenge. I love Christmas cookies....
    cablejockey and waywyrd like this.

I thought the Christmas Cookie Challenge (not exactly sure that's what it's called), with Ree Drummond as a judge, was entertaining. I didn't realize that a $10,000 "winner" is crowned each week and then the following week the viewers see a new group of 5 bakers compete. Obviously, it's not as drawn out as all of the other baking championships on tv but the viewer still gets to "know" all of the participants pretty well.

I found it interesting that the pantry isn't filled with an unlimited supply of items and that if you snooze you lose and have to come up with an alternative...as in the cinnamon and the molasses instances.

In the end, I thought the right cookie baker won.

If you haven't watched it and enjoy these types of shows, give it a try.
    cablejockey and Arielflies like this.

There was one other show recently - can't recall the name - that had the same format...a new set of contestants every week and a $10,000 prize. I enjoyed this episode and the judges.
    PeekingDuck likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I can't believe that guy used a pound of ginger on the Holiday Baking Championship and the judges said it still wasn't enough. Gawd. I love ginger, but I would think a pound would give you plenty of flavor!

I made it through the Cookie Challenge show this time, the one woman who used to work for Martha Stewart was mildly annoying...I'm glad the other lady won. The last guy standing made a really cute tree out of his cookies, too.

I would have done the stacking method for the time frame. So much could have gone wrong with her stand-up tree. It wasn't very pretty because she didn't have enough time to decorate, but enough that Damiano gave her the win. I think his accent gets thicker and thicker as time goes by...

I didn't see the point of Holiday Bakers in pairs because they each baked individually.

I kind of liked how the Holiday Bakers did the pairing. While they each baked individually and presented together the same flavor profile, it was clear who did what. Unlike other shows (Project Runway, for instance) it gets confusing and arguments break out on who did what. But that's me. Not everyone has to like it. Honestly, I don't know the point of doing team things when there is going to be just one winner anyway.

I liked the Holiday Cookie show. I'm getting used to the format of 5 bakers and one wins each week. It's kind of quick and dirty. I had built a hope that it would be more like the Holiday Bakers and it would be week after week of different Holiday cookies and then I would get cookie ideas each time, but I don't know if that is going to happen. I kind of liked how the messy tree idea was going, it just wasn't executed well. I wish the taller 3-d tree had been frosted better, but given the time I see why we got what we got.

I bet on Holiday Baking when the judges took a taste bite of that overloaded peppermint dessert it was.... ka-pow!!! It would make me timid to take a bite of anything else. In fact, I don't know if I could taste anything else. It is all making me want to try making ganache and pate de choux so I can whip up some interesting things at home....
    waywyrd and Arielflies like this.

+ Reply to Thread