+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1060100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1126
Like Tree335Likes

Thread: Food Network shows

Flummoxed Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, Wonderputt Champion Fo'Realz?'s Avatar

Re: Food Network shows

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    So we have Halloween Wars, Halloween Baking Championship, and there was some other version of Halloween Wars on last night, too. Haunted Hayride? I can't keep up with them all.

Whichever one they did the witches finger cookies on, the one guy got screwed! His cookies looked miles better than the girl who won the goodie basket. Hers were all flat and weird looking...must have tasted spectacular, though.
    I don't always watch these shows, but a member from a Halloween forum where I participate is among the contestants on the Halloween Baking Championship, so that adds an element of interest and I've been watching.
    He's holding on so far ... but he'd better sharpen his game or he'll be out soon.
    waywyrd likes this.
    "When someone shows you who they are, believe them ..." - Maya Angelou

Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy

There are two Halloween Wars shows. One is in the kitchen where teams compete against each other; the other is in the outdoors with two teams - three pumpkin carvers, one cake and one sugar person competing for $15,000 per show. The same teams compete for three shows. The judges (2) and host are different except for the male judge on the Halloween Baking Championship show. Confusing, but different.

Oh, and then there is the baking competition - no pumpkin carving - but it shares a judge with the outdoor pumpkin show.

The outdoor Halloween War teammates still stress over winning money just like the indoor teammates. That part of those two shows is the most off-putting.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Kao

I'm enjoying Halloween Baking Championship. The goodies look spooky and good, and I adore Carla Hall.
    cablejockey and tinderbox like this.

I only get 2 of the Halloween Food shows. The baking and the pumpkin carving, scene making ones. So amazing to see the creativity that many of these contestants have!

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

I'm confused. I've only seen the first two episodes of the original indoor version of Halloween Wars. What happened to it? I only see listings for the first episode of the new outside version(which isn't anywhere near as good as the original).
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

The indoor version is on Sunday night.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    The indoor version is on Sunday night.
    So is the outside version lol
    Which is why I'm confused.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

I have Halloween Wars set to record on my DVR, and it records both versions. The only way I tell the difference on the recordings is that, the indoor version has episode numbers and the outdoor version does not.

I don't care for the outdoor version as much.

On Baking Championship last night, I felt awful when the guys' Baked Alaska-type dessert melted all over the plate. I don't know why they would do an ice cream dessert, though, if it had to sit and wait for the judges to get to it. Ice cream waits for no one!

Now I totally want to make a brain cake for Halloween.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Scooping out the undone inside didn't hurt the winners even if he (?) almost fainted when she did that in order to get it cooked all the way through. By filling it with custard or whatever made the cakes very interesting and different textures. I always wondered how they got the brain folds, now I know...fondant.

+ Reply to Thread