+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 757979899100101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1071
Like Tree273Likes

Thread: Food Network shows

Re: Food Network shows

Congratulations! IRON CHEF IZARD!!!!!!!

She ran the gauntlet, losing to Flay in battle peppers (expected, but she earned props from the iron chefs for taking them on in their specialties) winning over Symon in cheese and winning over Morimoto in fish. In fish, she made a soup while he made five courses. The judges thought one would do.

Oh, the Symon win was a redemption as she had lost to him as a challenger on Iron Chef.

It was a terrific show; only wish the network was impressed enough to bring Iron Chef as a series.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-22-2017 at 02:55 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I agree she earned her win - she had to compete against the three best Iron Chefs out there. She was not my favorite (they were the blonde and Nakamura), but she is still far likable than Garces and Zankarian (I can take Franchione in team challenges).

Better still - she's showing creativity. I don't know how this will work out in an hour challenge with five dishes, but still - it'll be fun.

I really don't get why Morimoto did five dish plates. He should've done one fantastic and ornamental piece of sushi as he's done before.

They wouldn't have done this challenge however if they weren't considering bringing it back. Does make me wonder though if they would just have Alton do the chairman stuff as well as commentary.

I read that it was Alton who pitched the challenge idea to the network and it didn't go over very well at first. Hopefully, it had ratings in an acceptable range so the network will take another look.
    mika06, tinderbox and Moontat like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I finally got to watch. So happy congrats to Iron Chef Izard on a well deserved win. Man when she chose Bobby for the pepper challege I was cursing but it definitely was a ballsy move and to beat Symon in cheese and Morimoto in Tile Fish, just such a great job. So proud of her I knew she could do it!
    Arielflies likes this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Just made reservations to go to Scott Conant's new Phoenix restaurant for our anniversary on August 2nd. NOTE TO SELF: Do NOT offend the pasta by cutting it!!! Scott hates that!
    I'm Paula.

Do you twirl it like spaghetti? What if it is more than you can fit in your mouth?

Speaking of Iron Chef, I think Alton got his wish. A judge on Food Network Star was introduced as the new floor reporter for the upcoming series, Iron Chef Showdown, Jaymee Sire.

YAY!
    Kao likes this.

Get Ready to Go Back to Kitchen Stadium for All-New Series Iron Chef Showdown | FN Dish

Get Ready to Go Back to Kitchen Stadium for All-New Series Iron Chef Showdown
    by Maria Russo in Shows, July 25th, 2017

Iron Chef GauntletFresh off this spring’s game-changing Iron Chef Gauntlet competition, Alton Brown, the Chairman, and Iron Chefs you know and love are heading back to Kitchen Stadium for an all-new culinary contest: Iron Chef Showdown.

Inspired by the fan-favorite series Iron Chef America, Iron Chef Showdown will bring together the likes of A-list Iron Chefs Bobby Flay, Jose Garces, Michael Symon, Alex Guarnaschelli and Stephanie Izard, who earned the coveted title just this year following her victory on Iron Chef Gauntlet. Look out for brand-new Secret Ingredients, all-star-chef matchups and elite culinary competition of the highest order. Alton will be on hand to host Iron Chef Showdown, while Mark Dacascos will reprise his role as Chairman. Plus, Jaymee Sire will enter the kitchen as a floor reporter, bringing you all the insider details of the what’s and how’s of each battle.

Whose cuisine will reign supreme? You’ll have to wait until later this year to find out. Stay tuned to Food Network for all the details on what’s ahead and when.

https://corporate.discovery.com/discovery-newsroom/discovery-communications-to-acquire-scripps-networks-interactive-for-14-6-billion/

Here is an announcement that may or may not make a difference to programming next year.

The Combined Portfolio’s Brands Will Include:

Discovery: Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, Science and Turbo/Velocity, as well as OWN in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.

Scripps: HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, DIY Network, Cooking Channel and Great American Country, as well as TVN, a premiere multi-platform provider of entertainment, lifestyle and news content in Poland; UKTV, an independent commercial joint venture with BBC Worldwide; Asian Food Channel, the first pan- regional TV food network in Asia; and lifestyle channel Fine Living Network.

About Discovery Communications:

Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) satisfies curiosity and captivates superfans around the globe with a portfolio of premium nonfiction, lifestyle, sports and kids content brands including Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, Science and Turbo/Velocity, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe. Available in more than 220 countries and territories, Discovery’s programming reaches 3 billion cumulative viewers, who together consume 54 billion hours of Discovery content each year. Discovery’s offering extends beyond traditional TV to all screens, including TV Everywhere products such as the GO portfolio and Discovery Kids Play; over-the-top streaming services such as Eurosport Player; digital-first and social video from Group Nine Media; and virtual reality storytelling through Discovery VR. For more information, please visit www.discoverycommunications.com.

About Scripps Networks Interactive:

Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNI) is one of the leading developers of engaging lifestyle content in the home, food and travel categories for television, the Internet and emerging platforms. The company’s lifestyle media portfolio includes leading TV and entertainment brands HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, DIY Network, Cooking Channel and Great American Country. Its digital division, Scripps Lifestyle Studios, creates compelling content for online, social and mobile platforms. International operations include TVN, Poland’s premier multi-platform media company; UKTV, an independent commercial joint venture with BBC Worldwide; Asian Food Channel, the first pan-regional TV food network in Asia; and lifestyle channel Fine Living Network. The company’s global networks and websites reach millions of consumers across North and South America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Scripps Networks Interactive is headquartered in Knoxville, Tenn. For more information, please visit Scripps Networks Interactive | The Leader in Lifestyle Media.

Another season of The Great Food Truck Race starts Sun. August 20th:

The Great Food Truck Race, hosted by Tyler Florence | Food Network
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread