+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 107 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1066
Like Tree272Likes

Thread: Food Network shows

Re: Food Network shows

OMG, I can't remember which Holiday Baking Challenge it was but there is a local man who took 2nd place, his name is Adalberto Diaz. I stopped at his store today for the first time. I am in the middle of a strawberry tiramasu. I am super surprised he didn't win. It is delicious.

Oh, yeah, and I geeked out a little. He waited on me and I had to gush.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

http://www.eater.com/2016/11/28/13768188/iron-chef-gauntlet-america-food-network-alton-brown

IRON CHEF is coming back in April!!!! It won't be the same as the previous show, but Alton will be there.

Diehard fans of Iron Chef and its American spinoffs will be pleased to learn the franchise is making a comeback: Food Network will debut a new series called Iron Chef Gauntlet in spring 2017, the network revealed today.

According to Variety, “Details of the new format are thin other than it promises to offer some new twists on the cooking-showdown format.” One thing we do know, however, is that newly minted Broadway star Alton Brown will return as host.

The original Iron Chef ran from 1993 to 1999 in Japan. Food Network’s spinoff Iron Chef America debuted in 2005, and though it stopped airing new episodes in 2014, the network refused to say it was canceled — perhaps because it had a fresh reboot in mind all along?

No word yet on any of the chef talent that will be involved with the show. Previous Iron Chefs on the American edition included Bobby Flay, Mario Batali, Cat Cora, Michael Symon, Masaharu Morimoto, and Alex Guarnaschelli, among others.

Brown confirmed the news on his social media channels today, unveiling a name tag that indicates he’s being promoted to “Chairman.”

Brown teased the news of an Iron Chef America reprise in a Facebook Live video last month, also divulging that he’d “had enough” of his other hosting role on Cutthroat Kitchen. Iron Chef Gauntlet isn’t the only new Food Network show he’s working on, either: Brown also has a “late-night variety show” on deck.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I was just thinking that it hasn't been on in ages.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Not on Food Network but I love Tiffani Thiesen and Tia Mowry's shows on the Cooking Channel.
    mika06 likes this.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

I love all the baking challenges. So glad the spring Baking challenge has started!
    dagwood likes this.

Iron Chef Gauntlet kicked off last night. Loved it! Stephanie Izard won the first challenge. She is one of a couple of the challengers I recognize.

Alton does the initial judging, then two other judges decided which of the bottom chef and one other goes home. They started with seven, there are now six. Then the last of the wannabes standing takes on three Iron Chefs - Flay, Morimoto and Simon - The Gauntlet. If they survive they join the Iron Chef ranks.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm so glad Iron Chef is back. I am routing for Stephanie pretty much because I have always loved her as a Chef since Top Chef which she won. Also now that Cat Cora has retired it would be nice to have another woman back at the Iron Chef table.

I was annoyed a the elimination challenge because I would have rather they not have a head to head and the person who didn't do the challenge well just be sent home. Plus I liked the Chef that was ultimately eliminated. I can't wait to see what happens otherwise but I don't know any other contestants competing other then Stephanie and Sarah Grueneberg.

They are male. It started out at seven, faavored by one to the males, then one of the three females went home and another was at the bottom. It doesn't bode well for a Cat replacement. Hey, once a new chef is chosen, will they have some challenge shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    They are male. It started out at seven, faavored by one to the males, then one of the three females went home and another was at the bottom. It doesn't bode well for a Cat replacement. Hey, once a new chef is chosen, will they have some challenge shows?
    I know I'm holding out hope Stephanie still triumphs. I would hope we get new challenges or this would be completely pointless and I don't mean seasonal or Holiday ones I want a whole season of challanges.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Here's the thing: Alton has said that there is the chance there may not be a new Iron Chef. It's a chance to become one, but they must beat all THREE Iron Chefs. When he petitioned this idea to FN, he said there was this risk, and the network still took it.

And all three have the best records for their time in the stadium. They aren't competing against Garces and Franchione, who are IMHO tantamount to Kobe, Iron Chef Italian in the original Japan version. That poor fellow was hardly chosen and had less than 50% record.

That said, I do like the idea of knockout rounds, but feel they should've had an even number of men and women. I have wondered however if they did have an even number and someone bowed out too late for a replacement.
    Arielflies likes this.

+ Reply to Thread