+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 111 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1110
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: Food Network shows

Re: Food Network

He has been a mentor on the amateur cooking challenge with the four mentors. Also, I think he was the co-host with Valerie Bertinelli on the last Kids' cooking challenge. Sorry can't remember the names of the shows.
    Declan likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I saw a show hosted by chief David Burtka on Saturday. His husband is Neil Patrick Harris and he was also on the episode as a guest. Other celebrity guests attended, including Kelly Rippa. I really liked this show. I can't find much about it. I thought it was called Celebrity Chief, but, I couldn't find a link for David's episode. Oh well. I hope there are more. I was impressed.

David Burtka bio : Cooking Channel

I saw it a week ago on Sunday. I looked on the website but didn't see any future new shows listed. He does have an easy to understand way of explaining how to put dishes together. Plus, it was cute to see the children.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Oh yes. The kid scenes were good. Not so much fake stuff, as we often see. You can tell those kids really do help in the kitchen. It wasn't just some staged thing for the cameras. I was intrigued to see what looked like their real apartment. Harlem is not what I expected. I was there, but years ago. I thought David did a great job. I hope they give him some more episodes.

Three new baking centric shows started this week: Halloween Baking Championship (Damiano is a judge) Worst Bakers in America (Duff and Lorraine are the mentors) and Bake It or Fake It (modeled on Cook or Con).

Worst Bakers is on along with Worst Cooks - overdone?

I've tested all three and found them predictable but interesting. Two failures from the last Worst Cooks are on Worst Bakers...the woman with the Bobby Flay crush and the schlubby man who worked too slowly for Ann. All three are on my schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Three new baking centric shows started this week: Halloween Baking Championship (Damiano is a judge) Worst Bakers in America (Duff and Lorraine are the mentors) and Bake It or Fake It (modeled on Cook or Con).

Worst Bakers is on along with Worst Cooks - overdone?
    I don't think so - they're at least on separate days.

And honestly I'm watching the Halloween Baking Championship more for Jeff Dunham and Walter (the puppet) than Damiano.

Walter is a perfect fit for this show - he's really the only character Dunham has who can be toned down and still have the same sourpuss charm (oxymoron but watch one of Dunham's shows it fits), and hilarious with his deadpan responses. The only other one I could see appear would be Peanut (he's really the only one who is a Halloween-like character and not a politically correct risk), but I have a feeling they're only going to limit him to one character due to any appearance costs. Admittedly though, having a host who can be two (or even three) people at a time is cheaper long run.

I've tested all three and found them predictable but interesting. Two failures from the last Worst Cooks are on Worst Bakers...the woman with the Bobby Flay crush and the schlubby man who worked too slowly for Ann. All three are on my schedule.
    The lady didn't bother me, but David (schlubby man who sounds like Jerry Lewis in his comedy days) was a surprise. Then again, both of them really did well toward the end of their time on "Worst Cooks" so it was worth it to see them.

And honestly I think Worst Bakers is even funnier because Duff and Loraine have wonderful responses to the nonsense, but give them positive and constructive criticism. I can see all of them actually learning how to cook and do well at it.

Then again - the one young lady who was apologizing to chicken eggs she had to use them will be missed. But, if you forget the sugar, you're going to create a cracker, not cookie. Apparently though - Duff/Loraine (forgot who tasted them) said the one without sugar was actually pretty good, just not a cookie.

FORT Newbie

I like iron chef, Good eats, and unwrapped..

I wish those three shows were still being filmed...especially Iron Chef. Alton has moved on to the silly competition stuff and I miss watching a Twinkie being made. sigh
    sparklete likes this.

Holiday Baking Championship was fun this year (the finale was tonight) -- without spoiling right off the bat, I'll just say I was happy with the winner. It certainly was the best looking cake of the three finalists, and Duff, Lorraine and Nancy had differing nitpicks about all three.

Kids Baking Championship starts Sunday January 2nd, which is also fun since it's Duff and Valerie Bertinelli. It only gets awkward when the eliminated kid cries a lot.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fanatic

Re: Food Network shows

I miss Chef Academy. Never was sure why there was only 1 season, but that was another network so I guess it is a little off-topic for this thread.

+ Reply to Thread