+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1110
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: Food Network shows

Re: Food Network

One of my favorite NFNS non-winners is Kelsey. Her show on the Food Channel, Kelsey's Essentials, is really entertaining and informative.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I love Damaris and am glad her show is still on the air. I enjoy it.

NEVER liked the cowboy guy who won last season. I was shocked when he was announced the winner. Wasn't the second place finisher Nikki Dinky? I saw a commercial where she will be hosting a food show (with another person) very soon. Good for her.
    It was Luca who was runner-up last season. I was shocked, but not surprised, he didn't win though. Now, I think they wished they (and viewers) voted him the winner over Lenny.

I think long term, they wanted another bold brash winner along the lines of Guy, but it backfired big time.

As far as Luca, he's not doing any shows that I see right now, but he's doing all right between his work and his wife's work. Only thing I know about work is he works at Silo Elevated Cuisine and Nosh, but that was from last year, so I don't know about present day.

Damaris to me is a sweeter, less LOUD version of Guy Fieri - both are quite recognizable and such, and more importantly both are respectful of others' works and cooking and know when to be bolder and when to back off.

I think Damaris will be the first real long term winner of the show since Fieri if she can keep that balance. That is also why I feel she won - she has longevity. Even Aarti is becoming a more recognizable figure, even if she appears mostly on Guy's Grocery Games.

Jax

The only contestant that I have really been a fan of was second place Jeffrey Saad (still surprised he did not win). Was that the first season or the second? I cannot even remember now who he lost to. Was that Aarti?
    "The poster formerly known as jaytwo" - per pikachu
    FORT 2015 Yearbook Title:
    Jax Of All Trades With The Cutest Avatar Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    The only contestant that I have really been a fan of was second place Jeffrey Saad (still surprised he did not win). Was that the first season or the second? I cannot even remember now who he lost to. Was that Aarti?
    She won season 6, and I've seen only the last two (Damaris and Lenny's wins).

Season one actually had two winners: Dan Smith & Steve McDonagh.

Guy Fieri won season 2.

The only other show I remember seeing with a winner that was memorable was Aaron (season 4 winner's) with "Big Daddy's House." He did well enough he got at least two seasons.

Most of the other winners have either done their one season and moved on, have a Cooking Network show, or do guest judging appearances/celebrity challenges.

Jax

Oh. It must have been season 3 then. I remember now that I started watching right after Guy won. I did not see his season at all. I do know that Jeffrey Saad was in 2009. This show has been on way longer than I remembered!
    "The poster formerly known as jaytwo" - per pikachu
    FORT 2015 Yearbook Title:
    Jax Of All Trades With The Cutest Avatar Ever

The winner I liked best was Melissa D'Arabian. Her show is still on and she appears on and judges several others. Her dishes are very makeable.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

On the Spring Baking Championship, which finished yesterday, I was happy with the winner. That said, all three of them were deserving, and all would've beaten the holiday baking winner with those cakes.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Andy's however was a picture perfect wedding cake - I had a feeling though when Duff said could he move to work for a certain bakery he had it in the bag (even if Duff found Andy's four vanilla cake a bit "one note" - I think he had to build up some form of drama). He also showed that you do not need to have elaborate sugar work to create a beautiful dramatic cake.

Dwyane's was a lovely modern cake and you could still tell it was a wedding. I think what hurt him was the chocolate panels not being pushed a bit further into the cake itself as well as the inconsistent coloring on said panels.

Damiano's was a lovely looking cake, but it still didn't read "wedding." Still, he showed how to do rosettes on a cake properly for those fluffy ones you see now, and the chocolate heart design was nice.

If Damiano hadn't used American Buttercream, he probably would have won. They were taken with his modern design, though.

Winner Andy's cake was decorated beautifully. That and the fact that Nancy loved his vanilla on vanilla cake flavor.

I felt bad for Dwayne because I think it was his showing of skill by making the panels did him in...they went from mostly chocolate to mostly yellow. Consistency did him in on the decoration.

Well deserved, Andy.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I agree about Damiano and the American buttercream. I was rooting for him and thought he made the best and most beautiful cakes.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

I love Demaris's show and think she does have the longevity factor. I didn't care of Lenny and don't see him ever having a show that would have a large audience. Didn't the "sandwich king" guy have a show for a while and has also been on other shows??

On another note.... I've read that Bobby Flay is going through a divorce (his third?) and Giada is as well. Hmmmm......

+ Reply to Thread