+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 111 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1110
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: Food Network shows

Re: Food Network

It's different. And not in a good way. lol
    libgirl2 likes this.

I stopped watching Bobby Flay some time ago, since he became the poster boy for all thing Food Network. I'm not fond of his type of cuisine anyway and his personality is a big turnoff for me.
    Maveno likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I see what you did there Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

I couldn't stand Bobby Flay as soon as he jumped up onto the cutting board on Iron Chef.
    Ever since then, I was like...pfftt..whatever Bobby Flay. His ego is out of this world.
    Florimel, dzigner and beerbelly like this.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Really? I always thought he was okay. I like his grilling tips and cocktail recipes. Anyway, the parts about the new show that are not good don't involve him, but I think he's the producer, so he has a say on it. It just seems like really poor insight to me. The way he makes those guests stars act so bizarre.....I bet they don't appreciate it.

Well, it is hard to not make a face when someone is criticizing your food. The one thing that gets me is that I really don't think all of the two who champion the contenders are friends of Bobby. Some, yes, like his fellow iron chef people, but Sunny? Anyway, they call in three people with a connection to the food business to critque the final dishes (Bobby and winning contender). It's rare, but sometimes, Bobby loses.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

And I definitely think they are lying when they say the contender picks the dish. I mean who would pick a BLT to show off their skills on tv? I don't buy it. They pick it and have the contender say it was their choice, IMO.

I think they're trying to have Bobby win more because a lot of the shows he's been on with average Joes/Janes he's lost (i.e. Throwdown).

While he has matured over the years since the board incident - which I agree with Morimoto was not proper, some of these contests still annoy me when it's clear they want a certain person to win. Michael Simon is another Iron Chef who annoys me for that reason (I do like his personality though) - I knew his home chef would be saved for the finale over Curtis' and he tends to win nearly if not all his team challenges in "Iron Chef."

I just want to see fun contests, but they need to be evenly matched in skills where the home chef contestant can shine and Bobby has to be equalized somehow.

On another note - I've noticed they're doing the "Next Food Network Star" promos but we've yet to see any evidence of Lenny's (last year's winner) show. I know there was some controversial issues after his win (comments made), but they never mentioned if Food Network decided to essentially renege on the prizes or if they're delayed on the show.

I say this too because not only did Damaris' show air rather quickly after the season was over, she has made several appearances in other shows and competitions (i.e. Chopped I think, if not that Cutthroat Kitchen). It just seems odd that we haven't heard hide nor hair of Lenny since that win last year.

In searching, I found references to his win, including his wiki page, but also gossip references to him having been offensive on the internet.

I went to the Food Network site and came up blank when I typed in Lenny McNabb Show.

Maybe his "personality" wasn't compatible with the network after all.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I wonder what the new Food Network Stars contestants will be like. I liked Damaris, I like her show, and it's still airing, whereas I didn't like either Justin or Lenny, and Justin had like a one hour special and appearaces, so I don't mind that at all. ces on competitive shows, Lenny's nowhere to be seen, so I don't mind that at all. Food Network Star tends to be very hit and miss for me in terms of winners.

Speaking off, anyone watching Spring Baking Championship? I am, and while I still enjoy the baking competition, I'm not enjoying this one as much as I did the Holiday one. The ladies all got eliminated one after another, and some of the challenges just don't read "spring". Not to mention some bizarre things. For example, the last challenge they did was to make a dessert with "red, white and blue". The judges really got on the case of Simone, the last remaining woman, because the blue on her plate was a chard of that colored chocolate, blue, that she melted, allowed to set and broke into chards to place on the plate. But they said absolutely nothing wrong about Dwayne's use of blue, which was just a few blue sprinkles, or Andy's use of blue, which was that he spray painted a bit of blue food coloring onto a white plate. He told me on Twitter that he also had a blueberry gelee on the plate, to which I replied that that was purple, not blue. It just really bugs me when things like that happen. Hopefully they do a summer version of the show and turns out better than this one, which has been kind of a letdown even if it's not bad.

I love Damaris and am glad her show is still on the air. I enjoy it.

NEVER liked the cowboy guy who won last season. I was shocked when he was announced the winner. Wasn't the second place finisher Nikki Dinky? I saw a commercial where she will be hosting a food show (with another person) very soon. Good for her.

+ Reply to Thread