+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

There's a forum for it up top -- there are contestant bios and a show thread will be opened every week.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm going to catch it on encore on Thursday? I love this show!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Rachel vs. Guy - the Kid's Edition season 2 premiered 8/17/14.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Rachel vs. Guy - the Kid's Edition season 2 premiered 8/17/14.
    Thank you for the reminder.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Liked the Rachel vs. Guy show - to a point. This year, they changed up the grades and are doing "Stars."

Now, I want to make it clear, I feel that competition is good, and there are winners and losers and SHOULD be that way, but this star thing is ridiculous. They're all great dishes, and this star thing just has an arrogance about it. The grades allow the kids to see if they're working harder to improve their foods or if they need to tweak them a bit. (I do wonder if Sydney's having to miss a challenge, requiring a sudden "Drop the lowest grade" bit is why they changed this).

Food Truck Road Race is also now in its new season, and it started off well. Love the fact the top seller was one that didn't get an advantage at all, and second place had a $250 and still was about $100 or so below first place.

Now for the elimination:
    [spoilers]I do wish that "Let there be Bacon" was eliminated over the chicken group (They rub me the wrong way with their arrogance), but they did mess themselves up by keeping the keys in a purse and not bringing the purse to go shopping... AFTER forgetting their money to begin with. That cost them everything - $60 determined the eliminated and safe contestants in the bottom two. Good food for thought - have one of your trio wear the keys on a lanyard around their neck and tuck it in while cooking. Given all three go to get groceries... you won't leave the key that way.[/quote]

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The Rachel vs. Guy kid show last night seemed more juvenile than I remember. I'm hoping for better next week. I just really did not enjoy it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The Rachel vs. Guy kid show last night seemed more juvenile than I remember. I'm hoping for better next week. I just really did not enjoy it.
    They are - the oldest is 12, and most are that age. (I also agree some are acting the name too). The new styled kitchen also seems a bit - juvenile to me. I'm kinda worried they're doing their own versions of Chopped. I'm OK with the kids though save the one who complained she was on Team Guy. She came across as a bit stuck up in my honest opinion. Was glad the one guy got the MVP though - but he talks a mile a minute a lot like Brandon did last season.

Speaking of last season's winner - Brandon has clearly had a growth spurt but still has that charm and humor that endeared me to him last season.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Last year we watched MasterChef Junior after watching this show, so the comparison may show a difference. These kids are like the Next Food Network Star candidates in that the winner gets a web based show. Casting for each show may draw from different types.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread