+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 99 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899 LastLast
Like Tree223Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

I agree with you about the tailgate winner being no surprise, but Morimoto was living and working in the U.S. for quite some time before he was brought over to be an iron chef on the Japanese show. If I remember correctly, he came in to replace Michiba when he retired. So, unless Morimoto does like football at all, he probably isn't totally unfamiliar with tailgating.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I agree with you about the tailgate winner being no surprise, but Morimoto was living and working in the U.S. for quite some time before he was brought over to be an iron chef on the Japanese show. If I remember correctly, he came in to replace Michiba when he retired. So, unless Morimoto does like football at all, he probably isn't totally unfamiliar with tailgating.
    He replaced Nakamura who replaced Michiba (the joriginal). Sakai replaced Ishinabe for French and Kenichi was the sole Iron Chef Chinese. ( I also really wish they would show the original series as well, like they used to do in the early days of the Food Network)

I do agree he does have a little bit more experience with the cuisine, however, he still has less of it then say Michael Symon, to have probably watched it since birth.

I say they are to have a head to head of Symon vs Morimoto for a Natto or unusual Japanese cuisine challenge... or even do it like they did in Iron Chef Japan a sushi challenge, where everything had to be made as sushi If Symon can beat Morimoto there, that I will have even more respect for his skills then I do.

Especially as I do not think sign in with a fused any of those particular food items, so there will be a little bit more of an equalizer.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    He replaced Nakamura who replaced Michiba (the joriginal). Sakai replaced Ishinabe for French and Kenichi was the sole Iron Chef Chinese. ( I also really wish they would show the original series as well, like they used to do in the early days of the Food Network)

I do agree he does have a little bit more experience with the cuisine, however, he still has less of it then say Michael Symon, to have probably watched it since birth.

I say they are to have a head to head of Symon vs Morimoto for a Natto or unusual Japanese cuisine challenge... or even do it like they did in Iron Chef Japan a sushi challenge, where everything had to be made as sushi If Symon can beat Morimoto there, that I will have even more respect for his skills then I do.

Especially as I do not think sign in with a fused any of those particular food items, so there will be a little bit more of an equalizer.
    Yes, I remember all of them including that young Italian one who never really did too much as I recall. I loved Michiba, Sakai, and Chen Kinichi. They were showing the original series on the Cooking Channel not so very long ago but they aren't doing it now. I hope it comes back again on either channel.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Yes, I remember all of them including that young Italian one who never really did too much as I recall. I loved Michiba, Sakai, and Chen Kinichi. They were showing the original series on the Cooking Channel not so very long ago but they aren't doing it now. I hope it comes back again on either channel.
    Kobe was the Italian Chef, and he had 23 battles. Ishinabe was the one with the fewest at 10 I think (and had the best record - only one loss his tenure). But he pretty much was one who was specifically asked for, and apparently seen as a "Junior" Iron Chef.

I think Michiba was mislabled as being too sour demeanor. I thought he had a formal opinion in cooking but he also produced quality dishes. His first successor fits that better.

What I'm wondering is if they're worried about showing the stories now because of a. confusion as to why Morimoto is in both - and looking much younger then than now, and b. ironically being too confused between the two series (though for the life of me I don't know HOW they can do it - given they really made a big deal about the introduction of the Iron Chefs in the Japanese version).

I am hoping it's not because there were a couple of challenges that would be seen as too unappetizing here in the states, and I know of at least ONE that featured food that is illegal to serve here (yes - horse meat).

Even though it was the last of the series, I really enjoyed the two parter finale where the two longest serving Iron Chefs - Sakai and Kenichi, go head to head in the final, and the winner of that one went against the Chairman's Rival's best - and won.

I'm enjoying watching Rachel vs. Guy's Celebrity Challenge. I'm quite suprised some of these contestants have so much talent. I'm impressed.

I am always surprised at their cooking talent as well. Vanilla Ice is a vegan? Go Hershel Walker!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I am always surprised at their cooking talent as well. Vanilla Ice is a vegan? Go Hershel Walker!
    Sad Judy's out, but she did MUCH better than she did on the Chopped challenge.

I like Hershel and Florence the best (and I liked Judy as well), and I have to admit I'm NOT annoyed by Vanilla Ice. I seriously thought I would be (but maybe so many years of obscurity, he may have changed his attitude a bit).

As far as who wins... well, I'll be OK with just about anyone this season.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Just a reminder . . . .

If WORST COOKS IN AMERICA is one of your must-watch-shows, the new season will be starting in just a couple of weeks. Premiere date for Season Five is FEBRUARY 17TH.

Worst Cooks in America, Season 5: Meet the Recruits
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Whew, finally found the show again, just in time. Really enjoyed the finale, they are all amazing cooks!

Anyone watching the latest round of Food Network Star? It premiered last night.

Oops...nevermind. I just found the forum for it.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread