+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 44848586878889909192939495 LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

You know - watching "Guy's Grocery Games" I wonder why they didn't try to buy the rights to "Supermarket Sweep" instead and possibly to a slight new twist to it?

It would be interesting to see contestants have to rush to find items in the store that were double the value again... or better... have Guy (or the host) have to do a "dented canned sale" type thing where if they purchase one item they weren't supposed to it knocks down the total by $1 or so.

I will admit though - the ugly number sweatshirts and the 3 times too big inflatable items should go - the latter for safety reasons (too many near crashes into the meat aisle).

I've been seeing ads for Rachel and Guy Celebrity cook-off, and I just have one question.... How does Jake Pavelka keep getting cast on reality shows? He must have a very good agent.
    wannasee and sunnydayz like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I've been seeing ads for Rachel and Guy Celebrity cook-off, and I just have one question.... How does Jake Pavelka keep getting cast on reality shows? He must have a very good agent.
    I saw they had a couple episodes (at least) of that on tonight, so figured it was an old show I hadn't seen? Didn't even see what it was, exactly, but Jake garnished his first dish with a rose petal! I think the judge said that was not appropriate but since he was the "Casanova" of the show, they'd let it go. lol

I think Jake is personable and has learned how to be entertaining on this type of show. I would not want to see him on any kind of dating show, but I enjoy him on other types. Much more fun to watch for me that Chris Kattan, Judy Gold, or even Florence Henderson, whom I really don't like.

I'm liking Tiffany, who is taking this seriously. I also like Herschel Walker and I'm amazed to find myself enjoying Vanilla Ice.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'm surprised they call Rob Vanilla Ice and he plays it up. He has had successful house flip shows on DIY/HGTV in Florida and recently did five shows in Ohio living with the Amish. He is definitely NOT a clown like he is playing on RvG.
    wannasee likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I'm surprised they call Rob Vanilla Ice and he plays it up. He has had successful house flip shows on DIY/HGTV in Florida and recently did five shows in Ohio living with the Amish. He is definitely NOT a clown like he is playing on RvG.
    Yep, I've liked him since...what was it, The Surreal Life? Definitely would like to find that show living with the Amish.

I noticed they are playing Kelsey's Essentials on FN. I like her show. She seems to be doing well despite not winning.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I noticed they are playing Kelsey's Essentials on FN. I like her show. She seems to be doing well despite not winning.
    Yes, she's been on the Cooking Channel for quite a long time now and I'm glad to see her on Food Network now. She is really very good at doing what she does and she's entertaining to watch.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Yes, she's been on the Cooking Channel for quite a long time now and I'm glad to see her on Food Network now. She is really very good at doing what she does and she's entertaining to watch.
    I started watching her on and off on the Cooking Channel. I noticed these are older episodes on FN (repeats) but since I haven't seen all of them, I am watching them.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I want to preface this by saying I really DO enjoy watching Michael Symon on "Iron Chef America." He's got a wonderful wit about him and I've rarely seen anything he makes be something I don't want to try.

But I am getting irritated that he's used as much as he is on these specials. He's got more appearances than Iron Chef Sakai or Iron Chef Chen in the original series (and yes, that's a lot).

When I saw the pairing of teams for the tailgate party challenge, even I knew that unless they rolled over and died, Symon and his teammate would beat Morimoto (who, being the only Iron Chef from another country, probably doesn't know a whole lot about what constitutes tailgate food) and dull as dishwater and almost always cooks like it Garces. (Come to think of it I still think Garces is in the running for chef with the worst cooking record with IC Italian Kobe from the Japan version).

Last season it was Symon and Morimoto - same issue.

I think they really need to on these challenges either invite OLD chefs (Japan or the retired Iron Chefs) or use others from "The Next Iron Chef" besides Symon who have won in these challenges in place of Symon.

Like I said, I know he's popular and I really like him (though I will say Sakai, Michiba and Morimoto are my favorites from the original version), but when it pretty much reads he's going to win from the get-go of the challenge, especially in one like this, it isn't fun to see.

Even with the 20-minute challenge results, I predicted the same outcome.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 01-27-2014 at 11:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread