+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596 LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

FORT Fogey

Re: Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Turkey breast!!!
    I agree. My son (superior cook) made stuffed thighs one year. He sous vide the breast and it was incredibly moist. He did that for those who like white meat. He made several things the following day with the white meat that were fabulous. Croquettes, turkey salad to die for and other things I now forget. I hate chicken breasts, too.
    prhoshay likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Given the DiLaurentis connections in the industry, I'm sure that her agent[s] and attorney[s] have secured ironclad contracts for her to be wherever she wants to be.
    What are they? I am frantically cleaning and tossing getting my house ready for sale and no time to google stuff. I stop in here for quick breaks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    What are they?...
    Anyone connected with Dino: Dino De Laurentiis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Shoepie likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'd rather not watch Giada, but like Ellen, I knew she was the granddaughter of Dino De Laurentis and came in with a lot of that show business personality from the beginning. She grew up around the stars.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Turkey breast!!!
    I know. I prefer dark meat myself, but Ina's looked really good and with the stuffing and gravy...I thought I would try it. Most in my family like white meat best, so it will definitely be eaten.

This Thanksgiving we are doing the big meal for breakfast and then I'm preparing a small dinner too for just a few of us. I have a whole fresh turkey for that, but do think I'll try that rolled, stuffed turkey breast sometime soon. I love turkey and don't know why I don't cook it more often.

I hate watching Giada when she tastes her food she has horrible eating etiquette. I have noticed another Italian chef on another channel eats the same way. She talks with her mouth full and smacks her food. My dad would have slapped us away from the table.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Lately, I've heard a couple of people say they saw cooking shows on the Food network where the chef handled poultry and then handled other food and cooking boards WITHOUT washing their hands or the boards! They didn't know the names of the chefs. I wish I had seen it. I would report it. That is rookie stuff, IMO. I can't even imagine it.

I watch America's Test Kitchen and Chris made a statement about how these hosts dress and their hair one day.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I hate watching Giada when she tastes her food she has horrible eating etiquette. I have noticed another Italian chef on another channel eats the same way. She talks with her mouth full and smacks her food. My dad would have slapped us away from the table.
    There are many who should never chew on camera. Oprah is the worst, ever, but there are many contenders for second place! The cast of The Chew have good manners, they make the food look good. And, of course, Padma gets the award for the best chewer of all time. She makes me want to eat what she is eating because of the way she looks eating it!
    prhoshay and Ellen like this.

FORT Fogey

I learned something from Giada on a cooking spot. She puts aeromatics* inside her turkey instead of stuffing it. That keeps the breast moist. Stuffing absorbs the moisture. She used lemon, onion, garlic and some herbs if memory serves. Makes sense.

*a food added to enhance the natural aromas of another food; aromatics include most flavorings; such as herbs and spices, as well as some vegetables.

I have always made the suffing outside the turkey but not for this reason. I just like it better. The turkey breast is always dry, to me. Julia Child experimented with different ways to get a moist breast, including cooking it upside down, and her conclusion was that you can't.
    prhoshay and Ellen like this.

+ Reply to Thread