+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100 LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: Food Network

FORT Fogey

Re: Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I saw it. While I cannot stand Guy, I thought the show was one of the more entertaining ones when compared with something like Cutthroat Kitchen. I'd watch it again.
    I just caught one episode and I agree. Not bad. I was surprised to see one competetor use truffle oil because he was an executive chef and he should have known better.

I've always liked Melissa D'Arabian and I'm glad they seem to be giving her more to do. I've picked up several nice recipes from her show.
    Kip likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Guys Grocery whatever is getting boring for me. I don't like chopped because they are forced to use obscure and unapetizing ingredients and this one does, too.

I will stick with it because it is good to have on my DVR when I awake at 4am.

Making dishes with only the cereal isle stuff was disappointing. I prefer it when the limitations are less. Enough already with frozen vegetables.

I was impressed with Jill more than any other so far this season. I knew she would win. I would have lost that last challenge (steak and potatoes) because I would have gone for mashed cauliflower. I wonder why neither of them went for Simply Potatoes, a brand of already made mashed potatoes which are good. Clearly they would have to doctor them but the end result would have been better. I probably would have gone for meat in that same section, as well.

Anybody else watch the live broadcast of the Thanksgiving Show on Saturday?

I watched about fifteen minutes of it and thought Giada was acting so very odd. It was all.about.her.all.the.time!!! I felt sorry for Ina Garten, especially, who couldn't get a word in edgewise.

I don't mean to be a terrible person BUT I thought it was interesting that Giada badly sliced her finger during the show. Hmmm.....
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Anybody else watch the live broadcast of the Thanksgiving Show on Saturday?

I watched about fifteen minutes of it and thought Giada was acting so very odd. It was all.about.her.all.the.time!!! I felt sorry for Ina Garten, especially, who couldn't get a word in edgewise.

I don't mean to be a terrible person BUT I thought it was interesting that Giada badly sliced her finger during the show. Hmmm.....
    I didn't see this but I have seen her guest spots on Today, The Talk, etc and she behaved the way you describe, very flirtatious. She dominates in a way to draw others into her spotlight and contribute to her trip. Odd, yes.

And she loves showing her girls for all to see.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I put it on and thought she was going to shove Ina to the ground! I had to turn it off.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I caught Ina's Thanksgiving show on Saturday. I think I'm going to try her stuffed turkey breast recipe.

I don't care for Giada. I would have preferred she wasn't on the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    ...I don't care for Giada. I would have preferred she wasn't on the panel.
    Given the DiLaurentis connections in the industry, I'm sure that her agent[s] and attorney[s] have secured ironclad contracts for her to be wherever she wants to be.
    Florimel likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Turkey breast!!!
    Shoepie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread