+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 98 FirstFirst ... 397980818283848586878889909192939495969798 LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: Food Network

FORT Fogey

Re: Food Network

I watch cooking competitions to see good food. Chopped and Truck Race fail miserably at this. Top Chef starts on Oct 9th. I am looking forward to this! It is my absolutel favorite show.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I guess "celebrity" is one of those words that depend on your point of view:

RACHEL VS GUY - CELEBRITY COOKOFF

New Celebrities, New Challenges, New Season

Chris Kattan (comedian, actor)
    Florence Henderson (actress, singer)
    Herschel Walker (former NFL player, Heisman Trophy winner)
    Jake Pavelka (reality star, The Bachelor)
    Judy Gold (actress, comedian)
    Penn Jillette (magician, comedian)
    Tiffany (singer, actress)
    Vanilla Ice (pop icon, rapper and star of DIY Network’s The Vanilla Ice Project and Vanilla Ice Goes Amish)
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I guess "celebrity" is one of those words that depend on your point of view:

RACHEL VS GUY - CELEBRITY COOKOFF

New Celebrities, New Challenges, New Season

Chris Kattan (comedian, actor)
    Florence Henderson (actress, singer)
    Herschel Walker (former NFL player, Heisman Trophy winner)
    Jake Pavelka (reality star, The Bachelor)
    Judy Gold (actress, comedian)
    Penn Jillette (magician, comedian)
    Tiffany (singer, actress)
    Vanilla Ice (pop icon, rapper and star of DIY Network’s The Vanilla Ice Project and Vanilla Ice Goes Amish)
    This discussion used to happen on DWTS. On reality TV, celebrity means people you may or may not know but have been in the media to some extent, no matter how litte.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

1. 'Hot Cole Slaw" sounds "yucko". I just can't begin to imagine that taste. I'm guessing it's right up there with that German Potato Salad which is also on my taste buds "gross" list. Not Working, for me!

2. The celebs listed for Top Chef...........more of the overexposed brat people. I am so sick of these shows acting like there are ONLY a few people on tis planet worth tv time. They keep cramming the same people, over and over and over again, down our throats. ENOUGH ALREADY.

This group doesn't even seem, remotely, interesting to me. I didn't even like the Top Chef competition with the major professional chefs. I gave them very little of my tv time.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

I think this is the cast of Rachel vs. Guy celebrity competition that will air in January, not Top Chef. I'm gonna have to pass on this one. Not interested in watching any of these reality folks on my screen again.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    I think this is the cast of Rachel vs. Guy celebrity competition that will air in January, not Top Chef. I'm gonna have to pass on this one. Not interested in watching any of these reality folks on my screen again.
    Yea, not too excited with this one.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    This discussion used to happen on DWTS. On reality TV, celebrity means people you may or may not know but have been in the media to some extent, no matter how litte.

When I read the list to my daughter, we both said it sounded like DWTS has-beens thrown in with those who couldn't make it on that show. I can't stand either Guy or Rachel (even their voices annoy me) so I won't be watching either.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I watch cooking competitions to see good food. Chopped and Truck Race fail miserably at this. Top Chef starts on Oct 9th. I am looking forward to this! It is my absolutel favorite show.
    I have to agree with you on Truck Race but disagree on Chopped. I love Chopped, and out of liek over 200 episodes, I have only ever missed one. The chefs go into Chopped knowing they will be challenged to bring ingredients together in a delicious way, so I don't mind the twists there because they have knowledge of it prior to it, and that's what appeals to me about the show, same thing goes for Sweet Genius, the chefs know they'll have to use either great or odd ingredients plus an inspiration to make awesome treats, that's where the challenge lies.

Truck Race, now there's where I dislike all the stupid twists and forcing contestants to cook specific food or not use certain things or sell only one thing, etc. I go into Chopped and Sweet Genius knowing and expecting to see kooky mash-ups of ingredients to make a dish, but I go into Truck Race wanting to see how these people serve excellent food in a competition, where the only obstacles should be location and convincing people to buy their food, not monkey wrenches thrown at them out of the blue. That's why I feel Truck Race fails where Chopped and Sweet Genius succeed.
    NCLurker, captain and Florimel like this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Jake Pavelka (reality star, The Bachelor) O.M.G

I like Vanilla Ice, aka Rob, and have enjoyed his restoration shows on DIY as seen on HGTV. He's a character.

I had enough of Penn Gillette on the Hair's show. Doesn't he have a day, or I should say, night job? Perhaps reality tv is his job now.

I also like Florence and Judy. Herschel Walker - really? Maybe he is a football retiree who just likes to cook.

Except for two, I recognize the names so, while muting Jake, I'll give this one a go.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    1. 'Hot Cole Slaw" sounds "yucko". I just can't begin to imagine that taste. I'm guessing it's right up there with that German Potato Salad which is also on my taste buds "gross" list. Not Working, for me!

2. The celebs listed for Top Chef...........more of the overexposed brat people. I am so sick of these shows acting like there are ONLY a few people on tis planet worth tv time. They keep cramming the same people, over and over and over again, down our throats. ENOUGH ALREADY.

This group doesn't even seem, remotely, interesting to me. I didn't even like the Top Chef competition with the major professional chefs. I gave them very little of my tv time.
    Quick kimchee is typically cold. The boiling water is poured over it to take the edge off the crunch. It is then quickly chilled. Now this does not mean that Rachael did not have her own hot version. I don't like her style of cooking so who knows. I like her personally now that it has settled down but that is it.

I love Top Chef! And as you already know that list of celebs is for a show with Rachael and Guy.

+ Reply to Thread