+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3878798081828384858687888990919293949596 LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Food Network

Thank you!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    My favorite teams on Food Truck Race are the Aloha Plate and Tikka Tikka Taco as far as the finalists. I'd much rather had the sliders or the Bowled and Beautiful teams over the Philly guys because then it'd be a final three I actually enjoy.

I'm just hoping that we don't have the foreshadowing in the show and we see the ornery outfits of the finalists win this show.
    The only thing I like about the Philly Cheese steak guys is that they went out of their way to get the proper ingredients. Since it was ribeye steak and good rolls a little more research would have showed them a place closer though. My point is that I have not had a good Philly Cheese steak outside of PA or New England. A high quailty cut of steak and a good roll (crucial) is key.

I will put the winners in spoilers, but I will say that I was happy with BOTH winners tonight:

Guy vs. Rachel - kid's edition

Click to see Spoiler:
    Brandon won, but by one point over Alessandra. Frankly I was happy that the two who seemed to have the big ego issues - Haile (the young lady who got to introduce Michelle Obama) and Sydney were the bottom two. I was ESPECIALLY happy Sydney didn't win when I heard they were dropping the lowest scores the kids got, which meant she had a chance. After the one kid beaned his head on a HOT skillet and kept going but she didn't cook over a sour stomach, I can't say I was happy about the dropping the lowest grade bit

Food Truck Race

Click to see Spoiler:
    Team Aloha won, and Tikka Tikka Taco got $2,500 in honor of a friend of one of the trio who was killed in action in Afghanistan I think. They won a crucial - and I mean crucial - crab challenge that if Philly Cheese steak guys won, they'd been eliminated. Had Philly won, they'd advanced by $123 - and this was a $1,500 in the till bit.

For those wondering about the extra $1K advantage in the final challenge not being announced, it didn't factor in to the final result. From the sound of things though, Tikka Tikka Taco didn't sell the 50 burgers. I have to say though they did not understand a teriyaki burger - they had LETTUCE on it, while most I know just do the sauce with pineapple on top of meat.

FORT Fogey

Racheal and Guy. I didn't care for this show. I love Brandon and glad he won though. Precious boy. Hunter and Alexandra were obnoxious. I love Blais saying, "a little over the top don't you think?" This about Alexandra and yes she was! There were many helping hands and teaching afoot. The kid who won made quick Kim Chee for the first time for the finale? Master Chef Juniors has this beat by 100 miles.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 09-30-2013 at 07:02 AM.

FORT Fogey

Great Truck Food Race. This show a huge disappointment. The first season was spectacular and has gone downhill since and very fast.

Superior food defines the Food Truck culture. It is respected by chefs and critics nation wide. And we get winners who serve Spam sandwiches on a Wonderbread roll that isn't even grilled?! And yes I know about Spam in Hawaii. Not one truck had food I would go out of my way to eat.

The challenges were ridiculous and had nothing to do with serving good food. Come on Tyler and food channel, you can do better than this.

I want to see good cooks serve fabulous food in trucks! Have them park in the same location and attract people who are drawn to their food like season one!
    Kip likes this.

Rachel vs Guy: Kimchi in how much time for the challenge? A couple of hours? Given that kimchi needs to ferment for at least 47 days, the dish may have been spicy cabbage, but it wasn't really kimchi (as there was no fermentation).

And the whole cilantro thing? Bad sportsmanship for both kids involved.
    Last edited by Ellen; 09-30-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Rachel vs Guy: Kimchi in how much time for the challenge? A couple of hours? Given that kimchi needs to ferment for at least 47 days, the dish may have been spicy cabbage, but it wasn't really kimchi (as there was no fermentation).
    Oops watching the judging now and see that they're calling it "quick kimchi." Okay, that's cool.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Great Truck Food Race. This show a huge disappointment. The first season was spectacular and has gone downhill since and very fast.

Superior food defines the Food Truck culture. It is respected by chefs and critics nation wide. And we get winners who serve Spam sandwiches on a Wonderbread roll that isn't even grilled?! And yes I know about Spam in Hawaii. Not one truck had food I would go out of my way to eat.

The challenges were ridiculous and had nothing to do with serving good food. Come on Tyler and food channel, you can do better than this.

I want to see good cooks serve fabulous food in trucks! Have them park in the same location and attract people who are drawn to their food like season one!
    Agree wholeheartedly. I want to see the food truck teams do what they do best, not struggle with these cockamamie challenges. IMO, there's plenty of drama to be had in finding a good location in a new city, sourcing food, the normal interpersonal interactions of team members, determining optimal price points for a new location, etc. The challenges should be taste-based. IIRC, in the first season, there was one of those each episode, where the teams had to make a dish that was a local favorite or highlighted a local ingredient.

I didn't plan on watching this season but got hooked in because my husband's been watching. I've only kind of half-watched, but still regret the time I spent on it.
    Shoepie likes this.

Re: Rachel vs. Guy, I blame Rachel for Brandon's kimchi. It wasn't his idea and she pushed it on him. I think he's a great little chef but in my opinion a little too young and hyper to be the overall winner. However I may change my mind when I see his show. I think Jack would have been a better choice.

I like Hunter and Alessandra and feel they will do well in the coming years. Hunter needs to learn better sportsmanship (you'd think he'd have learned it already from being a hunter) but I think overall he has a good heart, he just couldn't handle the pressure of the competition as well as some of the others. I wish I had half the confidence Alessandra has when I was her age. I can see how she appears over the top but consider her Italian heritage, mixed with NY, and there you have it, lol. I think she's adorable.

Hailey was too uptight and thought because she's met Michelle Obama that it somehow granted her an advantage. Sydney, having won a lot of fair ribbons, came in with an ego a little too big as well. The boy with the fake glasses really came into his own near the end and I love the name of his show - Kitchen Magician. Too cute!

Overall, it was a fun show and I'm impressed with their skills but it's a far second behind MC Jr. I would watch another season.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 09-30-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Ellen likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey

Quick kimchi is all over the place and much better than the fermented variety as far as I'm concerned. It is like a hot cole slaw.
    Rachael should have allowed him to make his own choices for cryin out loud. Way too many helping hands in this "competition." I like the winner and think he will be good. He is genuine and unaffected due to his younger age, I think. I love his lisp!

I am going to enjoy Master Chef Junior much more.

+ Reply to Thread