+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 100 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

Food Truck Race started last night, Das from NFNS is on it. I seem to remember him as a jerk?

They also showed an ad for Rachel V. Guy: Kids which is airing the first week in September. This one looks interesting, the promo was cute.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

oh man, Missed it last night. Who went home?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The kids challenge is kind of interesting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    oh man, Missed it last night. Who went home?
    It's been on five weeks now, so I'll tell you the final three:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Tikka Tikka Taco, Aloha Plate (?) and the Philly Sambonis.

Of these three - I want one of the first two to win - the Philly's have had several major mistakes, including destroying a sign, forgetting bread (twice - they said they'd pick it up and never did) they ordered, and they had a knock down drag out fight the week that Bowled and Beautiful - a classy team, just didn't sell enough to win.

The only mistake I've seen any of the other two do here was Aloha accidentally selling out of county, which is an odd rule (understandable one) but they were at a bank that is literally on the county line. Their mistake didn't kill them - they stayed in the middle of the pack that week - but were fined $150 for being out of county for three hours

Rachel and Guy's kids show is being quite enjoyable, mainly because nobody gets eliminated. The onyl drawback is that obnoxious Hunter kid.

As for the food truck race, this season I quit after three episodes. I couldn't take it anymore, because every week is twist, after twist, after twist, on top of more twists. The previous seasons did have twists, but nowhere near as much as this season's, these people are barely being allowed to serve their own food, it's just not enjoyable to watch anymore.
    Kip and Shoepie like this.

FORT Fogey

I have been watching reruns of Restaurant Impossible then going online to see how they fared. Not on the show site but reading reviews on yelp. Most have reverted back to their old menu, gone out of business or just gotten many unfavorable reviews from menu too small to did not measure up to what the TV show promised.

The Food Truck Race is terrible. Season one was excellent but it has gone downhill rapidly ever since. I agree with Rembrant. Who wants to see a truck buy tons of crappy white bread because their budget is so low? I go to a food truck to get interesting and amazing food! That is the whole purpose of their exsistance. It just is not interesting anymore.
    Kip likes this.

Did you all see who was on Cutthroat Kitchen? None other then Penny Davidi!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Did you all see who was on Cutthroat Kitchen? None other then Penny Davidi!
    I saw. Ugghhh. (Though she had a different last name this time.) Apparently, she's carved herself a niche in the "annoying b****y drama" department, because they carried her into F2.
    She'd be great in the Real Housewives franchise.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I was thrilled she lost on Cutthroat....I do not think she has won any of the cooking shows she has been on. Get a clue Penny. I thought she used her last name.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Where have I seen Penny before? I knew she looked familiar.

+ Reply to Thread