+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 96 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

I haven't liked the way she ate her food, all those hhmmmm.....ooohhh.....was just uncomfortable to watch. She lost her way a long time ago.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I was done with her after Diabetesgate.

Gee . . .

I wonder why we haven't heard Word ONE from her good friend, Oprah, OR Oprah's BBFL, Gayle????
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sometimes, it's better to collect your thoughts before you open your mouth and comment.....at least, that's what life has taught me. Oprah and Gayle will comment, in time, I'm sure.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Sometimes, it's better to collect your thoughts before you open your mouth and comment.....at least, that's what life has taught me. Oprah and Gayle will comment, in time, I'm sure.
    I don't know why they would say anything.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    I was done with her after Diabetesgate.

Gee . . .

I wonder why we haven't heard Word ONE from her good friend, Oprah, OR Oprah's BBFL, Gayle????
    Diabetesgate? Bwahaha... never watched her show ever, but when I heard how she kept her diagnosis a secret, all the while preparing those artery-hardening meals of hers for her viewing audience, it made me angry. What a hypocrite. She was on Rachael Ray's show with her son, but they were promoting his book and preparing one of his slimmed down meals. I agree with Harmony above. It was making me ill watching her lick the spoon and her fingers and shove food into her mouth. She was practically orgasmic.

What I gathered about her dismissal from Food Network is that a former co-worker was suing her for harassment and Paula had to sit for a deposition. She was asked directly if she had ever made any disparaging comments or racial slurs in the past and she answered honestly that she had. Well, at least she didn't lie, although that does not excuse her. I would imagine growing up in the time frame she did, such "joking" was not out of the ordinary as well as vernacular like "colored" used to describe African-Americans.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

This just in... "A 66 year old white woman from Georgia admits to having used the 'N' word"!
    candor and Ellen like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

From what I read, it was how she described having a gun gracing her temple in the hands of a black bank robber. She did not say it to robber's face, but to her husband after the fact. Except for the deposition (and I'm wondering why that was turned into a public document?) it probably would have be asked if she takes the stand at trial, if this goes to trial.

As a child of the 50's living up north, though in a segregated town, I heard that term as well as others. That word was not allowed in our house, but this was before black replaced negro or colored as a designation.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm conflicted about this. Of course racism is unconscionable, but I'm younger than she, was raised in California and I heard language like growing up. The culture wasn't as evolved as it is today. Even my parents, who are in their 80s and don't have a bigoted bone in their bodies, use terms that by today's standards are offensive because the line has moved and they haven't caught up. I'm not excusing racism by any means, but are ignorance and hate the same thing?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Oh sure, shay.

I, myself, have made myself a victim of the "Check brain at door, open mouth, insert foot!" scenario. And at some point, I KNOW that --- even after having gained a bit of wisdom with age --- I will most probably do it again, sometime, before I settle down for my Long Dirt Nap.

Having said that . . .

I'm no fan of Oprah.

Haven't been, for YEARS.

BUT, does anybody recall last year when The Big O did one of her "Next Chapter" shows that featured Paula Deen?

Yep, nosy witch (replace the "w" with a "b", should you care to!) that I am, I checked it out.

Frankly, the way the three of them (of COURSE Gayle tagged along!) carried on, to me, you would've thought they'd all been best buds since the dawn of time.

Yep, nosy witch (replace the "w" with a "b", should you care to!) that I am, I readily admit that I am DYING to see how O's gonna spin THIS.

Why?

I CLEARLY remember seeing clips of when she lit into James Frey, an author she'd anointed by placing his book on her Book Club list. This was after she'd had him as a guest on her show (for the anointing), singing his and his book's praises. THEN she invited him back and had him on AGAIN after the news came out --- and he admitted --- that most of what he'd written was nothing more than a pack of lies.

Oh.

Boy.

She was ON him like ugly on a warthog.

She tore his ass UP one end, and DOWN the other, while her audience cheered her on.

And yep, nosy witch (replace the "w", etc., etc.) that I am, I readily admit that I am DYING to see whether or not Paula's gonna publicly wind up on O's EX Best Bud List, and if she'll shellac PAULA to her face, like she did James Frey.

In THIS case, though, total silence on the subject of Paula just MIGHT prove to be a smart move, on Oprah's part.

We'll ALL see how it plays out, in the long run!

And I, of course, will be standing by with my popcorn and lemonade at the ready in order to get comfortable and catch the show when and IF the curtain goes up on it!
    Last edited by ness; 06-21-2013 at 11:39 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't know why they would say anything.
    Check out my post #799, directly above.

+ Reply to Thread