+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 100 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Like Tree227Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I loved Kenichi and Sakai; their plating was an art form. I think my favorite of the Japan iron chefs was Michiba, whom Morimoto replaced after he retired at 65.
    Actually there was one between Michiba and Morimoto - Koumei Nakamura. He wasn't on there long, and then he left for Morimoto.

But my faves were the three of Sakai, Kenichi and Michiba, with Morimoto very close there. He is however by far my favorite of the American competition chefs. I also like how he now has a grey/silver style outfit similar to his original one for the Japanese version. Differences are no hat and no set of red/white and blue style ribbons on the back.

Then again - I miss watching this version and the Galloping Gourmet on the network. They've updated it so much to challenges and cooking shows of modern day we can't have fun and reminisce about the overindulgent pageantry of the original "Iron Chef" and especially the host in that one, nor Graham Kerr having more bloopers in his cooking show than they had on "TV's Bloopers and Practical Jokes."
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I think she (as have Wolfgang Puck and Mario Batali) left the show.
    I don't remember Wolfgang Puck ever being an Iron Chef (then again, like Florimel, I stopped watching as much when Garces and Forgione are on, so maybe I just forgot).

I don't know if Puck was on the Food Network version, but there were a few special challenges done I believe on the UPN (Now CW) network with William Shatner hosting. They kept it a bit closer to the original "IC" theme with Batali specializing in Italian, Bobby Flay specializing in American, and I believe Puck in French cuisine. Shatner to me was the one of the two hosts of the Americanized versions who had the same fervor and humor as the Chairman of the Japanese verison (thankfully not the same dress sense - I liked the Chairman's style, but it would not have worked on Shatner).

On the Food Network version, it appears all of them have to adapt to any and all styles. Morimoto though to me still reads a bit more as focused on cooking Japanese because he Specialized in that area for the show.

Puck was on Iron Chef America at the very beginning in 2004 or 2005 for the "Battle of the Masters" mini-series on Food Network.
    The original ICA team was Wolfgang Puck, Mario Batali, and Bobby Flay. When the full-on series was picked up, Morimoto replaced Puck; then later, Cat Cora was added about halfway through the season, I think.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Do we have a thread for Next Food Network Star?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl View Post
    Do we have a thread for Next Food Network Star?
    We not only have a thread, we have a whole forum this year!

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/food-network-star-9/

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    We not only have a thread, we have a whole forum this year!

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/food-network-star-9/
    Thanks Kip.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Popping up all over Facebook . . . . Food Network says the are DONE with Paula Deen. Reports say her contract, which expires at the end of this month, will not be renewed.

Paula Deen -- Food Network Gives Her the Ax | TMZ.com
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Popping up all over Facebook . . . . Food Network says the are DONE with Paula Deen. Reports say her contract, which expires at the end of this month, will not be renewed.

Paula Deen -- Food Network Gives Her the Ax | TMZ.com
    Good. I liked her but this was more then I could overlook.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

I think she was headed downhill for a while now. I found her overly-flirtatious behavior annoying . The deceit about her diabetes has been reported negatively. This is probably the final straw.

+ Reply to Thread