+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 98 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: Food Network

FORT Fogey

Re: Food Network

I would have prefered to eat Carnie's food minus the dip. The herb pesto with shrimp sounded good. Her helper stopped her from adding more tequilla, too bad she didnt go with her gut on that one. Loved her dessert!

Dean, really? Filet mignon? That is the worst beef to EVER serve a bunch of chefs. It is tasteless and not good to serve anyone, really. And your dessert sounded terrible. I am not fond of boozy food.

Interesting that Dean won by only 1 vote. That may have been because Carnie said tequilla was in the shrimp and that one guy seemed peeved he could not taste it. I would like to know who voted for whom. I will guess Kathy voted for Carnie. I think she eats low carb from things she has said so the overly loaded protein meal from Dean would not be that interesting to her. Give a low carb person pasta and donuts if you want their vote! She would have had mine for that very reason. I make myself scallops, lobster and steak all the time.

Ugg! What a set up for Dean and his own reality tv show. I hope I never hear 'miracle babies' ever again. Flank steak wrapped filet? Seriously? Can I get a rib-eye as a garnish? And why is he famous? Because he married Tori Spelling? A D-list personality?

Poop.
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Finally watching this episode.
    It's painful.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

WORST COOKS IN AMERICA starts tomorrow night (9PM - east coast time).
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Anybody see the recent promo from The Next Food Network Star? It showed us quick snips of all the contestants. Not a very varied group, and already the guy named Rodney annoyed me.

I instantly recognize two contestants. The lady named Danushka competed in Chopped, made it to the entree round but was eliminated. I found her likeable in that episode, so I look forward to see her in the competition and see what she brings. I also recognized Lovely, from the sixth season of Hell's Kitchen, so she should be interesting.

I read it starts June 2. Looks like they're keeping the same format w/the 3 chef/coaches.....which I liked a lot.

Well Chopped all stars went as I thought.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I missed it last night so I hope to catch it on again. I do not mind Scott's win.
    There's no place like home!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

It went as I thought it would too. I don't mind Scott's win either, but I wish they'd have 3 non-Chopped judges for the finale. The judging may have been fair, but it's hard for viewers not to be skeptical about the fairness of the judging. However, Chopped judge Aaron Sanchez lost to Nate Appleman in a previous season.

I didn't mind Scott winning. I just knew he probably would. I would much rather see tournaments such as these pit people of the same caliber against each other. Have a celeb tournament, a food channel tournament etc... this way the possible winner won't be a forgone conclusion before they even cook.
    Florimel likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread