+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 98 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

Carnie is self-absorbed drama queen.
    (...or appears so from the editing...)
    NCLurker, Passepartout and Shoepie like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I DVR so that I can use FF liberally. This year has been a FF fest. I really expected to like Carnie at least a little. I find her to be totally obnoxious and hard to take. I think my fav is Dean. I know he is looking to get a boost for a show but he has been pretty straight up about it, he's been helpful to others and still has produced some good stuff. I haven't liked any of the females. Dean and Hines are the only two that I have found likeable.

I think there was no way that Dean wasn't going to be in the finals since he's trying to build a career as a chef and had the talent to back it up. I'm glad Kathy didn't win because hers is the only charity I cannot stand.

I would have preferred to see Hines in the final over Carnie because she's been so neurotic through the whole thing, but I do think a lot of her issues are at least in part inherited. Her father was a musical genius, but a definite wackadoodle and her grandfather was an extreme control freak.
    Passepartout and beerbelly like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Carrie seems to have issues. Bet she is getting so much grief of her so-called "portrayal" on tv! She must get her control freak thing off from her family. It runs in the family I take it!
    New TV Season 2014-2015!

Besides Hines I thought everyone pretty unlikable. Enough of setting up Dean to be the winner and his Miracle Kids. I know. I get it. Carnie is always in crazy panic mode. Kathy with her 'Vegetarian Lebanon' mantra....annoying!
    Ellen and sunnydayz like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fogey

Dean won the last competition with Guy's recipe and guidance on how to cook it. He is the best cook out of the lot but we really didn't see many dishes that were not totally steered by the team leader.

Carnie putting chicken gravy on meatballs makes you go, hmmmmm.

A good cook cannot make mac and cheese on the fly?

Certainly Rachael and Guy could come up with a better concept for a TV show. This is pretty lame.
    sunnydayz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Rachael and Guy could come up with a better concept for a TV show. This is pretty lame.
    Given that R & G are FN's two biggest media whores to date, the better question might be: "Food Network could come up with a better concept for a TV show -- or at least better casting."

To quote my young cousins: "Epic fail!"
    Shoepie likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

You are so spot on, Ellen.

I used to like Carnie. A lot! And then I saw her on -- what was it? MTV's Celebrity Fit Club? The Dr. Phil Show for some weight loss help? -- and she had an excuse why she "couldn't do this -- couldn't do that," not to mention a, "Well!! Don't you know who I am?" attitude. Really? You can fail your team on MTV, but do you really want to drum up excuses for Dr. Phil? AhhhHahaha! That won't fly!
    And then I saw her on some other shows for this or that and she was so over-the-top on them, too.

Actually, the more I think about it the more I think "self-absorbed drama queen" does not even begin to accurately describe this diva.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I must have been living under a rock. I had to google Carnie Wilson to find out who she was. I didn't much like her during the course of the show, but in the finals, she didn't fall apart as I expected she would - and I had to admire her confidence in her food. (I still wish it had been Hines in the finals though.)

...Looking forward to the Worst Cook in America next week.

FORT Fogey

Given that R & G are FN's two biggest media whores to date, the better question might be: "Food Network could come up with a better concept for a TV show -- or at least better casting."

To quote my young cousins: "Epic fail!"
    Ha ha ha ha ha!

+ Reply to Thread