+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 95 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

Even though I use my kitchen once in a blue moon - I love cooking shows. I loved 'Chopped' - I have to watch it when it is on. I DVR the Celebratory cooking show....
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Food Network

I love Chopped too. I missed round 2 of Champions but I'm sure I'll catch a repeat. The baskets in round 3 were all just crazy! I know that's the point, but these were really challenging. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by kireelady View Post
    Any Chopped fans?
    I LOVE Chopped. I can watch re-runs over and over. My husband says I am obsessed with it. I told him its mostly because there isn't that much entertaining on TV and I love to see what they give them. I also have to say, I have learned about so many odd foods and how to prepare them watching the show. Watched the Champion tournament last night. Those frog legs must have been REAL good.
    beerbelly likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

There are a couple of dedicated Chopped threads. I had thought I remembered a Chopped thread when the show first started.

Chopped - The Food Network

Chopped Champions - Food Network

I also love the extreme ingredients. For some reason cooking shows makes me relaxed. Maybe it was because I always love dinner time?
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Food Network

Thanks for those links Kip. I read every page of the first one to see if I remembered those shows. Yeah, I'm addicted too. Lol!!

Kip

Boy, is Guy Fieri controlling! Dean said he felt most comfortable with Asian or Italian food, and then Guy not only pushed him into the Mexican genre, but told him exactly what to make. Rachel, on the other hand, asked each team member what they wanted to make and then made only small suggestions. It all worked out for Dean, but Guy's giving too much "help."

i was rooting for Dean and Heinz, so was sorry to see Heinz go. Heinz did better over the course of the season, so I wondered if they wanted a man/woman finale. I haven't been a Carnie fan, but I like her charity. I still like Dean, but I wouldn't mind Guy losing, so I guess I'm not rooting for anyone and will just enjoy watching the finale.
    Shoepie likes this.

Well, Guy lost last year, but I agree about the controlling aspect of his handling Dean. Thank goodness Dean knocked it out of the park.

The panic attack diva is in the finale. Go Dean.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Well, Guy lost last year, but I agree about the controlling aspect of his handling Dean. Thank goodness Dean knocked it out of the park.

The panic attack diva is in the finale. Go Dean.
    I had forgotten whose team LDP was on. I'm rooting for Dean, but against Guy. And I liked watching Guy on DDD - he always made me smile (I just got tired of watching the show.) I just don't like Guy being so overbearing here - especially with Dean who can really cook.

I like your "panic attack diva" description of Carnie. I'd love to see the full deliberation between Guy and Rachel about who should go to the finals. I wonder if Guy pushed for Carnie's dish. From Rachel's perspective, I would think she would have preferred to have Kathy or Heinz in the final. It's too bad Kathy didn't do better on her final dish.

I agree with you about Guy being pushy but RR has her hands in many/most of her team's dishes, as well. That's what I don't like about this show. Way way too much involvement from RR and Guy.

I'm rooting for Dean and have been since week one. However, I get a kick out of Carnie! She's done far better than I expected.
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread