+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 96 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

FORT Fogey

Re: Food Network

They get so much help from Guy and Rachael it doesn't seem like much of a competition between the actual stars. Rachael gave Godfried the idea to do peanunt butter and cinnamon, then criticized it.

Previous season that I just watched: It was clear that Taylor did the pasta properly with Rachael's guidance. So many people do what Joey did. That being putting way too many things in the sauce and too much on the pasta. Oregano is a misunderstood herb, little does it. I don't like it in anything no matter who little is used.

Coolio blew it with his fork steak, big time!

FORT Fan

I agree, they get so much help from Guy and Rachael. This week's elimination came down to who prepared the best hot dog. It seemed kind of silly. Johnny was eliminated. He didn't cook a hot dog (and said he'd never cooked a hot dog before) but cooked up sausage out of the casing instead. It didn't look too appetizing to me. Carnie made a hot dog, in a bun, with a piece of half-melted cheese. She did manage to fry up a few homemade potato chips, spiced up some catsup, and threw a few pickles on the plate. Oh and bacon was involved somehow too.

Side note, I think one of the girls from Abby's Dance Competition might have been on this episode. The celebrity challenge was to prepare food for a birthday party. One of the girls at the party looked like Jordan from ADC. It surprised me that I thought I recognized her. A little too much reality tv for me, perhaps.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Jordan was the name of the Birthday girl. This was filmed in LA, is that where Abby's Dance Competition takes place? Of course, just because the parties were in LA doesn't mean the birthday girl and boy were from LA.

If Johnny had incorporated the hot dog into the chopped sausage, maybe...but, no, not a traditional hot dog type dish. The dragon bombs were awesome - especially for a boys' party.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I don't watch the Dance show you guys are referring to, but I believe the birthday girl was named Jayden.
    cubsfan55 likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Yes, the birthday girl was Jayden.

And I agree Guy and Rachel give too much help - especially in the planning phase. I'd like to see the celebrities plan the menus themselves. I don't mind Guy and Rachel then giving pointers about how the dishes should be cooked - it only seems right that the celebs pick up some cooking tips while they're there.

I'm glad Johnny was eliminated - only because he didn't use a hot dog. I hate it when a contestant ignores the rules and then wins the challenge.

This hot dog challenge reminded me of when my father in law kept raving about the hot dog sandwich in a little place off an industrial alley. I wasn't too keen on getting a hot dog, but I finally let him take me for one. The bread was grilled thin-sliced garlic-buttered sourdough. The hot dog was sliced into planks and grilled with onions. A piece of cheese topped it off. It was kind of like a Philly cheesesteak sandwich. I became addicted.

Dean's Dragon Bites were so cool. I think even adults would have fun with those.

I'm rooting for Dean and Heinz. More for Heinz now - just because Dean was so focused on what the show could do for him rather than what his charity was. (But maybe he mentioned his blog and new career 10 times and his charity 100 times and the editors chose to show only his self-promotion?????)

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Thanks, grapenuts! I watch, then delete and have to rely on faulty memory. At least I had the J right.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Thanks, grapenuts! I watch, then delete and have to rely on faulty memory. At least I had the J right.
    I only remember because when they said they were making Sloppy Joe's, someone said Sloppy Jane's and then they said Sloppy Jaydens.

Food Network

Any Chopped fans?
    biggbaddgirl likes this.

I never miss Chopped. I am enjoying this round of Chopped Champions.
    There's no place like home!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I've grown a bit tired of Chopped. I enjoy it whenever I happen to catch it - sometimes I have the tv on when I'm working at my computer - and sometimes my husband even puts it on - but it's not a show I purposefully watch any more.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread