+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 100 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

Don't understand why Gottfreid was on if he had no culinary talent. He just wanted to make a mockery of the show. They couldn't find a desperate for fame Real Housewife?
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Probably to try and balance out extreme folk and have one on both Guy's and Rachel's teams.

More I think about it though - I really do think they did the roast chicken as a jab at Aflac (I had the wrong insurance guy in previous post - he voiced the Aflac Duck. Sorry). Now, we'll just need to see if Aflac doesn't run an ad.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Don't understand why Gottfreid was on if he had no culinary talent. He just wanted to make a mockery of the show. They couldn't find a desperate for fame Real Housewife?
    I don't understand this either. I wonder if either someone dropped out at the last minute and they had to fill the slot with any available body regardless of cooking ability, or if Gottfreid lied about his cooking abililty (that's assuming

One good thing about Gottfreid being there is that I didn't feel bad about him leaving.

FORT Fanatic

Dean McDermott (Mr. Tori Spelling) attended culinary school. He is shown going to classes in one of the seasons of Dean & Tori on Oxygen. He seemed to take the classes seriously and be genuinely interested in cooking. He mentioned on the show that he wanted a fall back career to have something other than acting to rely on...or more likely they will open a restaurant and film it as a reality show to keep their 15 minutes of fame going.
    Kip likes this.

IRON CHEF

Chiarello (sp) challenged Zakaria to a Grudge Match. Michael came in third the season Jeffrey won Next Iron Chef. The secret ingredient was Scotch Whiskey drawn from different regions of Scotland. The judges were Neal Patrick Harris and his partner, David (who is a chef) and Arapello (sp?). The Chairman's mid-challenge surprise was the hottest pepper on the planet.

This whole episode was absolutely hilarious. Michael and Jeffrey shared a bottle of champagne and tippled Scotch while cooking. Jeffrey made sure Alton had his share of the alcohol and Judge David stated his intention was to leave the table drunk.

If you get a chance to catch it in repeats, please do - it is worth it.

CELEBRITY COOK-OFF (Farm Fresh)

I am so tired of all the over the top earnest PI's from the contestants. To sum it up, Carnie had another nervous break down and everyone liked Hines' bar-b-qued flank steak in its simplicity and Dean squeaked past the aging socialite who cooks vegetarian with a corn omelet in the cook-off. He almost had his own nervous breakdown - after all he is supposed to be skilled. With Carnie and Kathy so intense, I found Chilli's attitude rather refreshing. She won the challenge with salmon grilled on wood.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 01-14-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    Kip and Florimel like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Arielflies - thanks for the heads up about the Iron Chef episode. I'll be on the lookout for it. Sounds fun - IC can be dull sometimes, depending on the chefs.

Thanks also for the cook-off recap. My husband insisted that we record it last night instead of watching live. Went to watch it today and the tape was bad (yeah, we're still in the VCR Dark Ages). I restrained myself last night from checking to see who won, but finally had to peek. I had never heard of Chilli before, but she's had two good weeks now.

I agree. It was a most entertaining episode. It was the most delightful personality I've seen Zakarian display and the two chefs were excellent together. The use of Scotch as the secret ingredient was hilarious and the humor of Neil and David brought out the same in the third judge whose name escapes me at the moment.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The third judge was Donatella Arpaia. (And according to Wikipedia, she co-owns "davidburke & donatella", along with six other restaurants, some also co-owned.)

So NPH's partner, David Burke is her business partner. THAT they didn't make known on the show. I did like that trio together as judges and hope they do it again.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Food Network: Rachael vs Guy Celebrity Cook-Off

Wow.
    Leadership is definitely not in Carnie's skill set. Nowhere near.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread