+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 98 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

I've always kind of liked Amanda, but as posted a few episodes earlier, not sure how her calm/mild demeanor would play out on ICA. I tried to think about who I would enjoy watching, regardless of food (which I know you can't really do) and honestly, for me that would have been Chef Greenspan or Vigneron. They both just amuse me enough to want to see what they're doing. That said, I think Alex has worked extremely hard to get to this point and don't want to take anything from her. This was an enjoyable show for me!
    Hyper likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    I've always kind of liked Amanda, but as posted a few episodes earlier, not sure how her calm/mild demeanor would play out on ICA. ...
    Same here. I like Iron Chefs who have a bit of sass, wryness, humor, or sarcasm - otherwise the show can be dull. Amanda is so sweet...I like her and would have watched her as an IC, and she quite possibly would have opened up more as she became more comfortable in the role.

I watched bits of last night's IC (Alex vs Judy Joo) and enjoyed watching Alex.

Is anyone watching the show where two teams battle to win a free year's rent in a food court - hosted by Tyler Florence? I think the first show was Saturday night. I liked it. Sort of like the Next Best Restaurant, but with immediate results. In an initial challenge, the two teams cooked for mall employees (who typically account for 10% of business at food court stalls according to the show). The team with the most votes won having a big poster announcing their stall at the entrance to the mall. The second task was to market the business. The last task was to open and run the stall for several hours with the team that sold the most winning. It sounded like it was based on gross sales, not net sales, which seemed odd - but maybe each team had the same amount of $ to spend on food.

I agree with all you said, Kip. I like both Alex and Amanda and I enjoyed what Iron Chef America last night.

I was not aware of the show you mentioned, but it sounds interesting and I'll look for it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I agree with all you said, Kip. I like both Alex and Amanda and I enjoyed what Iron Chef America last night.

I was not aware of the show you mentioned, but it sounds interesting and I'll look for it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post

I just googled it - it's called Food Court Wars and is produced by Gordon Ramsey. It was referred to as a pilot - maybe there aren't any further episodes at this point.

It's on to Rachel & Guy's D-List Celebrity Competition, I guess.

CELEBRITY COOK-OFF 2

Poor Gilbert Godfried. I'm not a fan, but I feel sorry for him. Seriously, if he wants to work, he needs a new agent. Even FN saw past his fake charity and cut him pronto (though I'm sure this was part of the contract; FN needed a warm body for ep #1). As a decade+ gastric bypass person, I *was* looking forward to seeing Carnie Wilson. Yeah, not so much anymore. She's totally wasted her gift, and I'm done with her. At the moment, I'm watching Kathy Najimy.
    Florimel and beerbelly like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Kathy Najimy and Hines Ward are my current likes. I was surprised to find myself like Dean Whathisname, who does seem a serious and talented cook.

I'm not a Gilbert Gottfried fan, though I found him more likable than usual last night. Can't stand anything about Johnny Weir other than his skating talent.
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    ...As a decade+ gastric bypass person, I *was* looking forward to seeing Carnie Wilson. Yeah, not so much anymore. She's totally wasted her gift...
    I need to add/clarify -- I was being too harsh. Maybe projecting my own fears that I might allow the same to happen to myself. Everyone has his/her own journey, and, heck, I'm not in her shoes on a daily basis. I need to be kinder.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I need to add/clarify -- I was being too harsh. Maybe projecting my own fears that I might allow the same to happen to myself. Everyone has his/her own journey, and, heck, I'm not in her shoes on a daily basis. I need to be kinder.
    I understand where you are coming from. To be given the opportunity to not only have the surgery, but to have access to trainers etc... that can help you. She still looks pretty good though considering where she was at. Perhaps she is just not meant to be a size zero. Main thing is she tries to be as healthy as she can be.

I was down to a teen size 4 about 10 years ago after I lost weight after my divorce. I am now at a teen size 11-13 (yes I am 47 and wear teen pants as I have no hips or butt and they fit the best), the weight I was before I lost. My body is just meant to be this weight. I starved before, I eat healthy now. I could exercise more, and maybe if I had more at my disposal I would.
    Ellen likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I had no problem with Gottfried being on the show, but even I could see he was doomed quickly when they had in the commercials the other three talk about cooking and then he does this roast chicken joke (probably a jab at Geico for firing him).

I will be OK with the show once Weir is gone. I find him annoying, too outspoken (he makes Gottfried look quiet a lot), and frankly too damn Narcissitic.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread