+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 95 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

Yay!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I am going to go buy a lottery ticket....so far I am 3 for 3 on the reality tv shows. Beekmans, Denise, now Alex.
    There's no place like home!

I'm happy with Alex's win. I wouldn't have been unhappy with either of the girls, but I think Alex has more of an iron chef personality. She made me want to taste that dessert and I really dislike chilis. She's one I'll watch.
    Kip likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Soooo happy for Alex! Either chef winning would have been fine with me because I think they both deserved it. Appleman bugged the heck out of me! My blood pressure went down signifiantly after he was eliminated...
    Kip, libgirl2 and TripleGemini like this.

Congratulations to Alex. No more angst for her. I really like Amanda's approach to cooking and was sorry she had to fall on the sword. Will there be another round of redemption for her, or are her Iron Chef days over?
    Kip likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

I too was glad to see Appleman go. I started out liking him and now dislike him.

I was rooting for Alex but would have been happy with an Amanda win. They showed more negative comments about Amanda's food, so I thought she was going to be the winner. Maybe they finally figured out that showing negative comments about the winner to fool the viewers about who's going to win leaves the viewers questioning the integrity of the judging process.

I loved Alex's comment that standing before the judges she didn't know her own name, her address...the stress must have been unbelievable.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I've been a fan of Alex from the first time I saw her on tv. She was talking about an apple tart that was so good she thought about sneaking the plate into the bathroom so she could lick it clean with her tongue in private. Now THAT is a good apple tart. She has such a way with the words she chooses to describe what she's enticing you with. They say we eat with our eyes first. Well, we can close our eyes and eat with our ears first where she is concerned.

I don't mind Appleman, but he seems to be permanently in "intense" mode. Alex has an enjoyable personality to go along with her cooking skills. Very glad she won.
    Kip and Florimel like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I know there are those who are not fans of Alex, but I do like the fact she does work hard and has proved she earned a spot.

That said - regardless of opinion, I do think she'll at least be INTERESTING in the Iron Chef world as far as the new ones. Honestly, save Symon the Next Iron Chefs have been pretty boring and have so-so records.

Admittedly no one will ever beat Isinabe's record in the Japanese version (but he only competed 8 times, went 7-1 before he left), but there IS a reason why many of the chefs choose Flay, Morimoto and Symon over the other two.

Oh of a slightly different note but funny - Morimoto was a judge in the Miss Universe Pageant this past weekend.
    Allie likes this.

awwww. I watched the show because I thought it was fun, after only discovering it about half of the way through. I liked both of these women and truly it was a shame that either had to "lose" the competition. I swore to myself since I did not know the contestants coming in other than maybe seeing them on other shows, I wouldn't get attached to anybody and wouldn't care who won. The more I watched the more I liked Amanda, and so in this last episode I wound up hoping she would win. She seemed to be winning alot of the competitions.

But I like both of these women and I have to say they are hellishly good at what they do.
    Kip likes this.

Nope. Not thrilled. I can't stand Alex and her OTT reactions to everything. Blech.
    Ellen likes this.
    Brainy is the new sexy ~Irene Adler, Sherlock.

+ Reply to Thread