+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 96 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

FORT Fogey

Re: Food Network

I am rooting for Freitag to win.

Marcel is young still and has a long way to go to be Iron Chef; I was not surprised to see him go. We only see a snippet of the judging and they edit it to leave us wondering who will go. I think there was much more wrong with Marcel's dish than we saw. Tom on TC says the judging can take hours.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    Freitag and Appleman definitely have a little showmance going on. I've been watching the signs for a few weeks now, and Alex made a comment about it. They were both gutted when they found out that they would have to cook against each other if they lost. I'm glad they didn't. I'm a sucker for a showmance!
    I haven't noticed the showmance - I'll have to play closer attention. I saw that Amanda looked gutted when told she'd have to cook against Nate if they lost - but I thought that was she hadn't considered that possibility. She got to choose her cooking partner - she said she chose Nate based on their compatible cooking styles. It was my impression that she hadn't considered the possibility that she might end up cooking against him.

She made a good offensive choice - picking the chef she thought would most help her win. But another strategy would have been to play defensively and choose the chef she thought she'd have the best chance of beating in a cook off. (Even if she had considered the
    defensive choice, I think the offensive strategy was the best choice.)

I was just glad when she picked Nate that she and Alex were on different teams.

Showmance? Does his wife know?
    IIRC from "Chopped: All-Stars," he's married and has a kid with Kawasaki Syndrome.
    (…not that that necessarily means anything…)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

I assume that Amanda and Applebaum have a long standing professional relationship. I don't see sparks; I see respect and camaraderie.

I see showmance written all over Kristin and Stephan though!
    Ellen, Florimel and maude~flanders like this.

I have a gut feeling that Chef Amanda won this. I am just basing this on the looks on their faces at the end of the preview of the finale and I would be fine with that. Personally I would prefer Chef Alex; I like her personality & she has paid her dues to FN. I loved watching her cook with her Mom.
    I just don't get "warm&fuzzy" with Chef Nate & doubt I would watch ant episode of Iron Chef he was on just like I don't watch when Garses & Forgione are on. I love watching to see Bobby Flay lose.
    Kip likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I like both Amanda's and Alex's personalities, but I do like Alex's sarcasm. I would be happy with either one winning.
    Kip likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Oh, I didn't realize he was married. Maybe they are just besties.

I don't watch Iron Chef's with Forgione or Garces either. I do like Michael Simon and Geoffrey Zacharian.

Yeah, and there does seem to be sparks between Kristin and Stephan on Top Chef!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Oh, I didn't realize he was married. Maybe they are just besties.

I don't watch Iron Chef's with Forgione or Garces either. I do like Michael Simon and Geoffrey Zacharian.

Yeah, and there does seem to be sparks between Kristin and Stephan on Top Chef!

Awww, crap.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

YEAAAA!!!! Congrats Alex!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread