+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 96 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

The comment about the abalone was sooooo horrible. "I took the liberty of chewing for about five minutes before I finally spit it out." and "I think you should use edible garnishes, instead of something toxic." when he was refering to Sakai's use of fresh Bay Leaves for garnish. Oh come on. Nobody was going to eat them. :rolleyes

I know, I wanted to yell, "it's a GARNISH, not the salad course!"
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

*snicker* I mean, the point was a valid point.. you should use a garnish that is in the dish itself, but considering there was little in the way to work with, I think he should have just shut up.

I like Rachael Ray
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    I like Rachael Ray

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I just discovered this thread and was so happy. My favorite show is Iron Chef. I don't like seafood and can't stand the thought of eating raw fish but this show makes everything look so good I'm actually tempted to try sushi. I also didn't care for Iron Chef America and thought it was fixed. I didn't mind so much at the time because I thought they were kicking off a new series and didn't want their chefs starting off with losses but if it was just a special then that was totally pointless.

I can't watch the Iron Chef, because of the dubbing, it feels like I'm watching old Pippi Longstocking re-runs. I miss East meets West, that was great, but my favorite cook is Martha...because she's patient and explains everthing meticulously, not just how to do something but why to do it in that way. I've watched Molto Mario, and that guy is really knowledgeable about all aspects of Italian food, but he's too fast and the personality isn't there. I like Sugar, great host, but I'm really amazed at exactly how much sugar does go in to deserts, sometimes I feel like I'm coming down with a cavity just watching her show. My new fave though is the Barefoot Contessa, and I love her recipes. Sara's Secrets is good too, very patient and she explains stuff. Emerill is just too loud BAm Bam. and I think I've only watched Bobby Flay once

I can't believe I've went through this whole thread, and not once did I see
    "Paula Deen's Southern Cooking" on here as a favorite! I absolutely LOVE this show! She's such a sweet lady and will crack you up! Another fave of mine is "The Barefoot Contessa".. my mom got me to watch this one day, now I'm totally hooked! It's a pretty good show, and it mellows me out for some reason.. lol

OMG! Rachael Ray absolutely annoys me to no end! I mean, the show is okay, its just the fact that she's the host that really bites. I mean the whole EVOO thing is ridiculous.. and that laugh! UGH! I would like to pull out her voice box, cause its so dang goofy! Honestly, when she calls sandwiches "sammies" I feel the need to run to the bathroom because I'm soooo nauseated by all of her baby talk! I mean, the people who watch this are pre-teens and older not a 2 yr old in a high chair.. GOOD GOD WOMAN, LEARN HOW TO TALK!
    Last edited by aifan4life; 06-26-2004 at 12:00 AM.
    ~*Tennessee Sweetheart*~

*bump*

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    I like Rachael Ray
    DUDE!!!! I'm from California, I can say that.

I wasn't sure which forum to put this, so here goes:

Queer Eye/Food Network Crossover #1:
    Ted Allen will be on Sarah's Secrets this Saturday morning at 9:30.

Queer Eye/Food Network Crossover #2:
    I really don't like Rachel Ray (you might be able to tell by reading this thread ), but I watch 30 Minute Meals for the recipe ideas. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but she's been using the term "tszuj" quite a bit (ex: "You can easily tszuj this dish up any way you like- add some extra garlic, a garnish, whatever"). Dammit Rachel, leave that term alone!

One last thing: I watched Paula Deen's Wedding and was very entertained, especially when her sons showed up in dresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I can't watch the Iron Chef, because of the dubbing, it feels like I'm watching old Pippi Longstocking re-runs.
    Har.
    I've never gotten into cooking shows that were either competitive (Iron Chef); scripted with skits (Good Eats), or in front of a live audience that claps like seals whenever someone chops fast or uses garlic (Yan Can Cook, Emeril).
    But man o man, I loved watching Jacques Torres. Dude could make anything out of chocolate: purses, champagne bottles (with silk-screened chocolate labels!), a rooster sitting in a crate with straw. Almost made me give up my day job to become a chocolatier.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread