+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 98 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

They did not actually break any rules, just sidestepped.
    There's no place like home!

I agree that they did not break any rules. They plated together and their stuff was judged separately. How hard was that to understand? I liked the creativity and boldness of that move, and was annoyed at how pretty much everyone, from contestants to judges, were whining about it. That's what it was, whining. "Iron Chefs don't do that," they say. yeah, these people are not Iron Chefs, they're competing to be Iron Chefs, let them take a damn risk.

I am especially hating Appleman yet again. Can this guy go anywhere without being an arrogant, hateful, obnoxious douchebag? I'm rooting for the ladies, but if a guy ends up winning, I'd take Marcel and Spike over this chrome-domed abomination.

Interesting episode. I see they chefs and the judges all thought their little bromance was a slap in the face to the competition. Neither Marcel or Spike are Iron Chef material (even though I still like Marcel from his Top Chef days). Marcel is most likely going home next week unless he cooks flawlessly and can stay from the bottom.

When they were doing the judging, hubby and I were trying to decide which would be better to eat, something grassy (as Donatella said about Alex's dish), something too salty like Marcel's or something that has a weird metalic aftertaste like they mentioned about whose dish I can't remember. Gross either way.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

That was a surprise to see Faulkner leave at this point. The auction-challenge curse. I have to say I was rooting for Appleman as I thought Faulkner put him in that spot only to get rid of her competition. It was her right to do it according to the terms of the challenge. I wish they wouldn't do give a contestant the power to send anyone they like to the cook-off - especially this late in the competition. Oh, well, maybe if they continue to use this challenge in future seasons, the contestant with this power will choose the chef they think they can beat rather than trying to send their competition home.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I'm sad. I like watching Faulkner cook. There is now a curse in place as noted throughout the show by Alex. I felt so bad for Elizabeth walking away in a state of numb shock.
    Ellen likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I'm bummed that Elizabeth went home--and I wasn't exactly moved by the fact that two of the judges were upset about it either, since they elected to eliminate her.

I really want to see a female Iron Chef again, and I'd also like to see one for whom desserts are an actual strength. Elizabeth fit that bill perfectly.
    Ellen likes this.

I don't like Faulkner or Applebaum, so it didn't really matter to me who lost (or won). But I did have the feeling that if Faulkner didn't leave last night, she would be in it until the end.
    Florimel likes this.

I was sorry to see Chef Faulkner leave last night, I was rooting for her to win this season .

Does Alton Brown have a vote at the judges table? It seemed like Donatella & the other chef liked Chef Faulkner's dish more than Chef Applebaum's dish, only the Iron Chef thought her use of saffron was hideous. If that was the case, then she should have had more votes and remained in the competition.
    Ellen likes this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I'm bummed that Elizabeth went home--and I wasn't exactly moved by the fact that two of the judges were upset about it either, since they elected to eliminate her.

I really want to see a female Iron Chef again, and I'd also like to see one for whom desserts are an actual strength. Elizabeth fit that bill perfectly.

I've been rooting for Falkner myself and think they got it wrong tonight, including having Falkner as the other bottom person. I haven't read the other posts regarding this season, so I don't know if the following has been mentioned before..., but I'm not comfortable with Iron Chef Zekarian being one of the judges, when one of his sous chefs (Guarnaschelli) is a contestant. Although I wanted there to be a replacement female Iron Chef, at this point I'm rooting for Marcel.
    Ellen and maude~flanders like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFaninNJ View Post
    I've been rooting for Falkner myself and think they got it wrong tonight..., but I'm not comfortable with Iron Chef Zekarian being one of the judges, when one of his sous chefs (Guarnaschelli) is a contestant. Although I wanted there to be a replacement female Iron Chef, at this point I'm rooting for Marcel.
    Seeing (from this past season's ICA) that Zakarian is clearly Guarnaschelli's b***h, it seems obvious whom FN is cherry-picking for this one. I hope I'm wrong.
    maude~flanders likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread