+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 100 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

Amanda Freitag has also judged on Chopped several times. I'm not all that fond of Zakarian, but I don't really have a problem with him being a judge here. The regular Next Iron Chef has used previous winners as judges more than once and Project Runway does it all the time.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I think Greenspan was the right one to send home based on his dish, but I'm really not liking Mehta (his personality).

After NIC, there was a show called All-Star Family Cook Off where Ann Burrell and her sister, Robert Irvine and his wife, Geoffrey Zakarian and his wife, and Alex Guarnaschelli and her mom competed against each other for charity. I really enjoyed the show.

I liked that the challenges were different. The first was cooking food for a modern tv dinner tray and was judged both on taste and team partiipation. In the second, the family member was given only the name of the dish (veal marsala, beef stroganoff, chicken cacciatore) and the family member had a few minutes to gather the ingredients from the pantry (with no help from the chef) and those were the only ingredients that could be used. Ann's sister didn't get marsala for the veal marsala; Alex's mom didn't get salt; and Robert's wife got ground beef for the beef stroganoff (plus some odd ingredients). In the 3rd round, the family member had to do all the prep and cooking. The chef couldn't touch anything - the chefs could only talk.

Edited to add: Bobby Dean was the host - I'm not sure what he did that was off, but I didn't like him in that role.
    Last edited by Kip; 11-19-2012 at 12:42 PM.

I didn't much care for Mehta the first time around and I don't like him this time either. He's just not fun to watch and I wouldn't watch him as an iron chef.

The All Star Family Cook Off was a treat. I thinked they chose the competitors very well and I wonder who the next bunch will be.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I don't care for Chef Mehta either, he seems shifty or sneaky to me. I hope he goes home soon.

THe All Star Family Cookoff was a fun show, it was interesting to see the family members of the chefs.
    I figured Ann Burrell had it in the bag when the final challenge was instructing their partner how to prepare & cook the dish. Hopefully they will have additonal episodes.

I missed it, but discovered it is repeating on Saturday for those like me who would like to see it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I don't care for Chef Mehta either, he seems shifty or sneaky to me. I hope he goes home soon.

THe All Star Family Cookoff was a fun show, it was interesting to see the family members of the chefs.
    I figured Ann Burrell had it in the bag when the final challenge was instructing their partner how to prepare & cook the dish. Hopefully they will have additonal episodes.
    It was fun! I enjoying seeing another side to the chefs too. I wanted Alex to win!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    It was fun! I enjoying seeing another side to the chefs too. I wanted Alex to win!
    I was rooting for Alex or Ann from the beginning. Robert's too full of himself, and... I don't know why I wasn't rooting for Geoffrey.

It was fun seeing Alex interact with her mother. She obviously loves her mother and encouraged her and tried to make her feel at ease - but then there were brief flashes of exasperation. That made me smile - it just seemed like the universal mother-daughter relationship.
    libgirl2 and PA Snow Bunny like this.

I'm with the other chefs, I think they should have sent both in the bromance home. Did Alton really talk to the Chairman for a ruling...he never said.

So glad Faulkner won a challenge and did not have to do the cook off again. I saw Mehta actually smile to the camera, but never when he is around the others before, during or after a challenge. I'm enjoying this show...will Elizabeth and Alex both make it to kitchen stadium with one of them winning this time? I hope so.
    captain likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Kip

I would have been happy with both of the bromance boys being sent home as I didn't think either of them had a real shot at winning.

I think "consulting with the Chairman" was a euphemism for consulting with the producers.
    Ellen likes this.

I agreed with the other contestants that both Spike & Marcel should have gone home for not following the rules of the challenge. How dumb of them.

Hopefully Marcel gets booted next week.

+ Reply to Thread