+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 100 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

Maude, there is a discussion of this in the Miscellaneous Celebrity New thread.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Thanks, KatesMom! I was surprised I couldn't find it anywhere. I knew somebody had to be talking about it!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Is anyone else watching the Rachel Ray & Guy Fieri Celebrity Cookoff show? I usually have little tolerance for Rachel & Guy, but I find the show oddly addictive based on the weird mix of celebrities. I'm not a particular fan of Coolio, Taylor Dane, and Joey Fatone (though I've always liked Lou Diamond Phillips). They are the top 4 and damn, they can cook! I never even thought much about Coolio, but I now would love to be invited to dinner at his house.

I started watching the show, but just couldn't find the energy for it the last two weeks. Although I am hoping LDP wins :-)

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Geoffrey Zakarian had his first Iron Chef battle tonight as the newest Iron Chef. He won! Yay! He did really well and scored pretty high. I am glad to see him starting off on the right foot!
    sparklete likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Is anyone else watching the Rachel Ray & Guy Fieri Celebrity Cookoff show? I usually have little tolerance for Rachel & Guy, but I find the show oddly addictive based on the weird mix of celebrities. I'm not a particular fan of Coolio, Taylor Dane, and Joey Fatone (though I've always liked Lou Diamond Phillips). They are the top 4 and damn, they can cook! I never even thought much about Coolio, but I now would love to be invited to dinner at his house.
    I am watching this. It is kind of odd but I enjoy it. Guy and Rachael are not favorites but they are keeping the irritation factor down. I am not sure how good any of them are at cooking. I haven't seen anything particularly interesting in their dishes. They pull it off enough to present something though.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    Geoffrey Zakarian had his first Iron Chef battle tonight as the newest Iron Chef. He won! Yay! He did really well and scored pretty high. I am glad to see him starting off on the right foot!
    Actually, that was his second Iron Chef battle, but he won his first battle, too (with a perfect score). :-)

Update: Lou Diamond Phillips won the celebrity cook off on Rachel vs. Guy. The last challenge between him and Coolio was a restaurant war with the Zagats as guest judges. They took the ratings from the diners and the determined the winner of the $50,000 donation to a favorite charity. It was a fun show!

Next up is Worst Cook in America challenge!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Now that is one I am waiting on!
    Ellen likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Update: Lou Diamond Phillips won the celebrity cook off on Rachel vs. Guy. The last challenge between him and Coolio was a restaurant war with the Zagats as guest judges. They took the ratings from the diners and the determined the winner of the $50,000 donation to a favorite charity. It was a fun show!

I thought it was odd that both Guy and Rachael actually gave them recipes and told them what to cook, all the while telling the diners that it was their choice. I warmed to Rachael; she was very tonned down from what I remember. I don't watch her show.

Definately looking forward to Worst Cooks! Love this one.

+ Reply to Thread