+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 98 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: Food Network

FORT Fogey

Re: Food Network

I'd just like to see at least one female chef on ICA.

But I'm also not convinced that these competitions are the best way to find a new iron chef, regardless of gender. It's kind of like the Next Food Network Star. I don't think that's the best way to develop new talent for the network either. The only one of the winners of that one to really take off is Guy Fieri.

I have to say, I was a bit surprised.... not that the winner isn't good, but I just thought.....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

You thought what? That they might choose someone who was more inventive? Who, imo, turned out better looking plates (I'm sorry, but that risotto looked awful to me--and I actually like all the ingredients in it)? Who could bring something to the ICA competition that the other iron chefs don't have in terms of a particular skills set? That it might occur to them that it wouldn't be a bad idea to have, you know, a woman Iron Chef (if it's true that Cat Cora is no longer on the show--I haven't seen it in a while)?

Yeah, I was dumb enough to think that too. Good thing I'm not a huge fan of ICA anyway.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I wasn't surprised because of the editing. When this season started, I thought it was the producer's intention to have a female winner (and I'd like to see another female chef on IC).

My husband watched last week's show yesterday and asked who I thought would win. I said Zakarian because every episode there was a clip of Faulkner saying she was the next iron chef. Also the editing didn't portray her well. I went from feeling neutral about her at the start of the show to not liking her. I thought perhaps the editing of her was manipulated to produce this response so that viewers would be happy with the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    You thought what? That they might choose someone who was more inventive? Who, imo, turned out better looking plates (I'm sorry, but that risotto looked awful to me--and I actually like all the ingredients in it)? Who could bring something to the ICA competition that the other iron chefs don't have in terms of a particular skills set? That it might occur to them that it wouldn't be a bad idea to have, you know, a woman Iron Chef (if it's true that Cat Cora is no longer on the show--I haven't seen it in a while)?

Yeah, I was dumb enough to think that too. Good thing I'm not a huge fan of ICA anyway.
    I thought her dishes were more inventive, they looked yummy, I thought she showed plenty of personality and I thought they would want to have at least one IC woman as Cat isn't on the who anymore (at least it appears that way).

I was hoping the Foodnetwork was done with the "good old boys" network. I like Zakarian and think he will do well in competitions. Hopefully he will develop a personality.
    There's no place like home!

I say dump Garces or Forgione and put in Faulkner!
    Ellen likes this.

I would agree with the dumping of Garces and Forgione but was never a fan of Faulkner, but that is why there are several different chefs
    Florimel likes this.
    There's no place like home!

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I think the quote (I don't remember who said it) "Chef Zakarian is at his prime (pinnacle) and Chef Faulkner is a rising star," is how they based their decision. They chose experience since they were comparing apples and oranges between the two.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I think the quote (I don't remember who said it) "Chef Zakarian is at his prime (pinnacle) and Chef Faulkner is a rising star," is how they based their decision. They chose experience since they were comparing apples and oranges between the two.
    When I heard that, I was kind of clued into him winning, but I thought somehow it might have worked in her favor. I'll be curious to see his first battle.

+ Reply to Thread