+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 98 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

I would like to be in the stuido when any of these shows are going on....just think of the mouth watering aromas, or be a judge and get to taste the food.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Everytime I watch Iron Chef of any sort it is always the chef that has the obvious skills that wins over the more appealing food. If you look at the scores usually presentation and skills are what seals the win. That souffle that Zakarian made was gorgeous period. I have never seen even Ramsey make a souffle look that good, and Zakarian had thirty minutes. I think that Faulkner had the easiest task because anything that made tuna jerky look or taste good was going to win. Who cooks with that? All chefs cook lobster, beef, fish, and lamb so they had to shine. She definitely had the easiest ingredient because all she had to do was not make it look bad or taste horrible.

I think that Chiarello or Zakarian will be again one of the ladies in the final. I do not see the two ladies or the two men duking it out for the spot. I like all of them except the dark haired girl. She just does not have the personality.

This is one I'm not sure where it's supposed to go, but since he's a "Food Network" personality, I thought I'd mention it here.

Robert Irvine had a small role on "Body of Proof" tonight. I don't know if it was a repeat but it was neat to see him guest star on that show.

My opinion on his guest appearance - but minor spoilers for the episode, so please don't click unless you want to find out his role. Thought he was good in it though. That said...

Click to see Spoiler:
    I wish his role had been a bit larger - he played a chef but not himself in this. He had a lot of charisma and rather decent range in the role, going from larger than life, to serious when questioned about the murder. Doubted he'd be the murderer because of his notoriety and the role he played - too much confusion with real life if that happened - but still... it could've been just a *little* bigger.
    TripleGemini likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    My opinion on his guest appearance - but minor spoilers for the episode, so please don't click unless you want to find out his role. Thought he was good in it though.
    I'm replying in spoiler tags just in case :-)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    After his scenes were over, Irvine tweeted and asked his followers what we thought. And my thought was, "that was it?" I was really hoping for a bigger part, too. I thought he did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I'm replying in spoiler tags just in case :-)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    After his scenes were over, Irvine tweeted and asked his followers what we thought. And my thought was, "that was it?" I was really hoping for a bigger part, too. I thought he did a good job.
    I agree... he has the ability to do some acting and do it quite well. I'd love to see him in other shows such as "Castle."

Too bad he just had a bad day on this "IC" competition.

I knew it!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I knew it!
    Yeah, me, too. Now I don't really care who wins.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I knew it!
    I didn't know it.

I'm glad Zakharian is in the finals. I'd most like to taste his food. I came into this being neutral about Faulkner - I knew who she was and had seen her a few times, but didn't have any feelings about her one way or the other. I have a negative opinion of her now - some of it is probably due to the editing where she's always saying she's the next Iron Chef. I know probably all the the chefs said similar things and for some reason the producers showed Faulkner saying it the most - but she also seems a bit humorless.

I knew Faulkner would be the last female standing.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I am willing to put .50 on Falkner winning, just to have another female, but that being said, this is a man's field and I am sure the good ol boys rule at the Food Network also. Something about her bothers me, just cannot put my finger on it. I would like to see Zakarian win, I think he has paid his dues on Food Network.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread