+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 100 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: Food Network

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Re: Food Network

I was more than happy to see Marcus go.. I have never liked him or his attitude. Elizabeth is a great, well rounded, and amazing chef. I hope its down to her and Anne in the final. I like Chiarello but I feel this time they need to have a strong female win. Anne has paid her dues and Elizabeth has soo many things to pull from. She is a dark horse, no one sees her creeping up on the outside. Good for her I say!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I was surprised he did yet another multi part dish (or maybe I wasn't!). It seems so overwrought. Even if it is good.

I thought Faulkners dish used the bagel much more effectively then Samuelsson. Not that his was bad, but hers seemed to be all about the bagel.
    Elizabeth Faulkner - thank you! I couldn't think of her name and I was too lazy to look it up.

I liked Guarnaschelli's comment about Zakharian. She said something like "I'm surprised Geoffrey's making another multi-part dish. But then I'm not. He never plays by the rules. I bet he was one of those kids who never colored in between the lines." I enjoy her comments most about the other chefs. During the cook off, Faulkner started off her plate with a schmeer of eggplant. The color made it quite unattractive. Burrell said to Guarnaschelli, "I hope that tastes better than it looks." Guarnaschelli said, "No, you don't!" For at least the last two weeks, she's said she sees the other two women as her biggest competition. At the beginning of this season, I didn't much like Chef G - now I like her.

I thought both dishes were creative. When I heard the ingredient was bagels, I didn't have any ideas at all what I might make in that situation. I was surprised at how charred Faulkner wanted the bagels for her ice cream, but it apparently tasted good.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman View Post
    I was more than happy to see Marcus go.. I have never liked him or his attitude. Elizabeth is a great, well rounded, and amazing chef. I hope its down to her and Anne in the final. I like Chiarello but I feel this time they need to have a strong female win. Anne has paid her dues and Elizabeth has soo many things to pull from. She is a dark horse, no one sees her creeping up on the outside. Good for her I say!
    I liked Samuelsson as a judge on Chopped, but I've come to like him less after seeing him on this show. Even though Chiarello is a local chef for me, his dishes have struck me as good, but not as creative as some others.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    According to Twitter, Alex told a camera man to move. She wasn't talking to Faulkner (even though that's what it looked like).
    Glad to hear it!

I agree that they are looking for a female to replace Cat Cora. I would bet that the favorite is Burrell because she is a food network sweetheart, but I would like to see Faulkner win because I just really like her and love to see a dark horse win.
    biggbaddgirl and sparklete like this.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Alex did the same thing tonight, yelling "get out of my way", I guess to the cameraman. I don't see how she can be an Iron Chef if she can't handle the pressure while being filmed with camera-people in your face. That's kinda how the show works...

Anyway, I thought it was funny that Ann got knocked out by the person she put in the bottom. Karma is a b*tch!

I think it will be between Faulkner and Chiarello.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I found it funny Anne was eliminated, but at the same time I call foul. Out of the two elimination challenge dishes, hers was the most innovative and creative. The other's wasn't - it was a challenge, but souffles are been there done that. A variation of a canollli isn't.

Not sure who is going to win now, and I have to admit I'm not sure if either woman is deserving. They're not as personable, then again none really has the charm to be an "Iron Chef" as far as their commentary skills go.

I had a feeling Zakarian would be in the bottom with his Kobe beef. I was surprised to see Anne Burrell get eliminated. I would like to see the final 2 be Falkner and Guarnaschelli, but I would not be surprised to see Zakarian in the finals.
    There's no place like home!

I honestly thought that while Anne made the right choice in the bottom two nominee, it was a surprise one. If I were her I'd probably put the pastry one in the bottom two if I thought it wasn't real food.

Of course though the two ingredients for the cookoff though were stuff you could make a pastry from.

And yes, in the case of a boring souffle... the powdered sugar should've been the ouster.

The souffle was rather boring, but it made my mouth water!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread