+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Food Network

Did anyone watch the Next Iron Chef tonight? I was shocked at Alex's attitude toward Elizabeth Faulkner. She was walking through the kitchen and just yelled "Move" at Chef Faulkner, and Chef Faulkner quickly jumped out of the way and apologized. I mean - come on! A little politeness would be nice! She could have said excuse me. And, why does everyone else have to scramble when she is walking through their stations? She thinks she is so above Chef Faulkner. I really hope Alex leaves before her and gets to eat some humble pie!

I think she was upset with herself for dropping her food in the water and Falkner just happened to be the first one she saw. I think they are trying for a female win this season. If it is a female and a male, I am willing to bet .50 the female wins. I would like to see and Anne and Alex show down. I would not bet on either one it would be that close. My pet peeve on the show is with Jeffery Zakarian....the women on the show are not "girls" I find this very condescending. Other than that comment he makes every show I am enjoying this season.
    There's no place like home!

According to Twitter, Alex told a camera man to move. She wasn't talking to Faulkner (even though that's what it looked like).

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I think she was upset with herself for dropping her food in the water and Falkner just happened to be the first one she saw. I think they are trying for a female win this season. If it is a female and a male, I am willing to bet .50 the female wins. I would like to see and Anne and Alex show down. I would not bet on either one it would be that close. My pet peeve on the show is with Jeffery Zakarian....the women on the show are not "girls" I find this very condescending. Other than that comment he makes every show I am enjoying this season.
    I think so too because
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It looks like Cat Cora is no longer an Iron Chef on the main show. I watched one yesterday and they had Morimoto, Flay, Symon, Garces, and the most recent "Next Iron Chef" winner

I wouldn't mind an Anne win, but I also feel though right now if she won based on her submissions it'd be like they just were doing a show to have something to watch instead of just hiring her. She to my knowledge has been the only Sous Chef on "IC" and none of the others have been. There may be a couple who have been in the actual challenge, but not on that show on a regular basis.

On a fun note, I think now by far Morimoto has become the longest serving Iron Chef from either series - and possibly going by just one or the other.

Man, am I glad to see Elizabeth come out on top in the elimination challenge, she's the one I wanna see win most. Alex, to me, gets quite intense but means no harm. Geoffrey's getting annoying now, though, with his thing about contsantly plating a bunch of small dishes to try to compose one dish.

I don't exactly know why Cat Cora (whom I adore) has been absent for a lot of episodes since season 9 (they're currently just getting started in season 10). She competed in three episodes. One in which she was coupled with Robert Irvine against Michael Simon and Anne Burrell and lost, and two others which she won. I heard something about her not being around much due to a pregnancy, I wonder if that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I don't exactly know why Cat Cora (whom I adore) has been absent for a lot of episodes since season 9 (they're currently just getting started in season 10). She competed in three episodes. One in which she was coupled with Robert Irvine against Michael Simon and Anne Burrell and lost, and two others which she won. I heard something about her not being around much due to a pregnancy, I wonder if that's true.
    She (and her wife, who were both pregnant at the same time) had their babies in 2009.

I searched to see if I could find out why she's no longer on IC, but I couldn't find anything....other than she's now got restaurants at SFO Terminal 2 and Disney's Boardwalk, she's now got her own show on OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network), and she's teamed up with Macy's. Maybe she's just too busy? (Although this still doesn't explain why there wasn't an announcement.)

Darn,

I forgot about last night.

Who was eliminated?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Darn,

Who was eliminated?
    Myeyecandyboyfriend Marcus Samuelsson.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Darn,

Who was eliminated?
    Chef Samuelsson was eliminated. They chefs are in NYC and the challenge was to create a dish representing a NYC icon and that tells a story. Michael Chiarello won last week, so his reward was to go last. The other chefs chose a postcard at random - Chef Burrell got Central Park, Chef Samuelsson got the Statue of Liberty, Chef Zakarian got Times Square, Chef Guarnaschelli got the Empire State Building, and (I'm blanking on the pastry chef's name) Chef Pastry Chef got the Brooklyn Bridge. Then Michael Chiarello got to either choose the last postcard (icon unknown) or take one from the other chefs. Chiarello took the Statue of Liberty, leaving Samuelsson with Broadway.

Burrell and Chiarello were the top two, with Anne getting the win (tipped in her favor because of her story telling - which I thought was a bit muddled). Zakarian (who got yet another slap for making more than one dish - this time 5!) and Guaranaschelli were safe, leaving Pastry Chef (whose dish they liked but didn't like her story) and Chef Samuelsson (whose story they found confusing) to duke it out in the cook off.

The secret ingredient was bagels. Pastry chef made a toasted bagel ice cream and served it with lox and ???? (I forget the rest). Samuelsson pickled some trout (to reference lox), had a broth, and ???. Judges thought both dishes were creative and tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Burrell and Chiarello were the top two, with Anne getting the win (tipped in her favor because of her story telling - which I thought was a bit muddled). Zakarian (who got yet another slap for making more than one dish - this time 5!) and Guaranaschelli were safe, leaving Pastry Chef (whose dish they liked but didn't like her story) and Chef Samuelsson (whose story they found confusing) to duke it out in the cook off.

The secret ingredient was bagels. Pastry chef made a toasted bagel ice cream and served it with lox and ???? (I forget the rest). Samuelsson pickled some trout (to reference lox), had a broth, and ???. Judges thought both dishes were creative and tasty.
    I was surprised he did yet another multi part dish (or maybe I wasn't!). It seems so overwrought. Even if it is good.

I thought Faulkners dish used the bagel much more effectively then Samuelsson. Not that his was bad, but hers seemed to be all about the bagel.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread