+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree224Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

I was glad to hear the judges tell Marcus Samuelson he could not make a bunch of dishes any more, he also has to play within the rules. I understand what Jeffery Zakarian was saying, I did not hear the food had to be eaten at a ballpark. He is starting to jive with me some.
    FireWoman and sparklete like this.
    There's no place like home!

Just found out "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" filmed today at a place I go to a lot for Mexican food. HowChow

I can't wait until I see the episode. I always said they should be on that show. Nothing more a dive then a Taco place inside a gas-station. But they make good inexpensive authentic Mexican food.

Nothing like getting Mole Enchaladas for 8.95, and them being better then the $12.00 version at local "normal" Mexican restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I was glad to hear the judges tell Marcus Samuelson he could not make a bunch of dishes any more, he also has to play within the rules. I understand what Jeffery Zakarian was saying, I did not hear the food had to be eaten at a ballpark. He is starting to jive with me some.
    Actually, Alton did make it clear that the challenge was to take ballpark food and elevate it. He even reminded them of such while they were already cooking. In such regards, it's disappointing to see Geoffrey Zakarian either not understand the rules or simply choose to not follow them, he got out of those bottom two by the skin of his teeth.

I can still understand how it could be taken either way
    sparklete likes this.

Can somebody tell me when the show is now airing?
    I thought it was on for 90 minutes on Sunday, but I tuned in this Sunday at 10:00 PM and it was not on.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Can somebody tell me when the show is now airing?
    I thought it was on for 90 minutes on Sunday, but I tuned in this Sunday at 10:00 PM and it was not on.
    My dvr says Sunday at 9pm.

It was just an hour show last Sunday. I think the 90 minutes was for the season premiere. It is on at 9 Eastern, 8 Central. I am liking this take on the show for a change.
    sparklete likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Wow, these guys can cook. Very impressive dishes last night made from the concession candies. I was impressed with Geoffrey on the Chopped all stars show and continue to be impressed with him (though I'm not sure how I'd like him as an Iron Chef - he's maybe too low-key for me). I'm starting to like Alex (personality wise - I wasn't a fan of hers when this started).

I still don't have a favorite - looking forward to seeing more.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I am the oter way around, I find Alex a bit low key.. and not overly convincing. That being said, I do like her, i found her only ok on Chopped, but i adore her on her own show.. which to me is laid back and easy going. Geoffery on the other hand I feel has a lot of spunk in him and he is a control freak.. loved that comment he made about if he was cooking like he was on the show in his kitchen, he'd have fired himself. lol.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Thanks to It's Glinda Now and Captain for when this show is on.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread