+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

Just now watching on DVD:
    Really — pairing Irvine and Burrell? How you say een Eengleesh? Stupeed?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Samuelson was never in danger of going home.. they want that bit of drama he can bring.
    I will NEVER forget what a a$$ he was on Top Chef saying how he was only there for himself and he wasn't going to help someone else.. when each of the otehrs helped her out. I knew as soon as Spike picked him it was going to go badly.

Im not sure how I missed it but I didn't notice that Chiarello was on this season.. he is going to be rough to beat. I love him, his personality, his style, and just watching him in the kitchen. I love me some Anne, and would like to see her win because I do feel she's earned this.. but we gotta watch out for Michael.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Samuelsson and Chiarello are my faves going in. I figured Spike was going to be the first one out. The only chef I don't know is the Canadian one who was paired with Chiarello.

I didn't see the show, but caught the end... I was surprised.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I was stunned by who ended up at the bottom...then again, these are all top chefs, so now that Spike's gone, I probably would have been stunned no matter who ended up there ;-)

I like the new format, although I think they should get more than 30 minutes for the last challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I was stunned by who ended up at the bottom...then again, these are all top chefs, so now that Spike's gone, I probably would have been stunned no matter who ended up there ;-)

I like the new format, although I think they should get more than 30 minutes for the last challenge.
    True, you are talking a group of fantastic chefs and someone does have to leave.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    There might be a lot of surprises with the kinds of challenges they have. I like Robert Irvine on Dinner Impossible and Restaurant Impossible, but I'm not sorry to see him eliminated. His bluster can be tiring.

On reality shows where the winner is given a job, often the "tests" require skills that don't match what the job actually requires. For example, on this show, the tests are finding the chefs who best think quickly to come up with an idea to cook using limited or odd ingredients (sometimes with less than optimal equipment). But Iron Chefs have time to develop their menus, have all of the basic ingredients available plus money to spend on special ingredients, and top-of-the-line cooking equipment. The chefs who cook the best in these wacky challenges may or may not be the chefs who would produce the best food in Kitchen Stadium. (The wacky challenges do make for more interesting tv.)

I was shocked at seeing Robert Irvine eliminated over Michael Chiarello. I thought that Robert's dish was prettier and felt more like Iron Chef material. I guess it also nags at me because I like Robert Irvine, and have a big dislike for Chiarello. I was also disappointed in Geoffrey Zakarian for not following the challenge and being so meh about it.

The challenge itself was fun , except for all that excessive running. I know that they have to move a lot in Iron Chef, but yeesh, it's not a marathon. Just stick to cooking. I was especially impressed with Alex, she was a nervous wreck in the first episode, but in this one she kept herself calm and composed, and came out on top. That was pretty cool to see, and her dishes looked super yummy. I was craving that ice cream of hers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    I was shocked at seeing Robert Irvine eliminated over Michael Chiarello. I thought that Robert's dish was prettier and felt more like Iron Chef material. I guess it also nags at me because I like Robert Irvine, and have a big dislike for Chiarello. I was also disappointed in Geoffrey Zakarian for not following the challenge and being so meh about it.
    I thought him being a fairly big star, he would be around til the end.

Last night's challenge - disappointed but not surprised. I think they were afraid it'd be a Robert-Anne showdown, and that'd irritate the rest of the chefs.

I think Symon also had a distinct dislike for Robert, and they found whatever little reason they could for him to be ousted over the other guy.

Personally, so long as she doesn't do safe again, I'd rather Anne win over all of them. I don't know if that'll happen given she really does have the most true "Iron Chef" experience of the lot and it could be seen as a rigged event.

+ Reply to Thread