+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

Anyone would have to be better than the last 2 (new) iron chefs. IMO neither has much of a personality. I do like Anne Burrel and hope she does well.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Anyone would have to be better than the last 2 (new) iron chefs. IMO neither has much of a personality. I do like Anne Burrel and hope she does well.
    I agree. While I don't mind the last two, neither has the fun of a Michael Symon.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Looking forward to this competition this season, actually, it'll be nice to see more competitive stuff to go with Iron Chef, Chopped and Sweet Genius (which I'm loving).

I'm not rooting for Anne, cause I think she's gotten kinda big for her britches overtime. Her competitiveness tends to cross into obnoxious territory sometimes. And Spike? Really, Spike? That's the best they could get from Top Chef? Ouch...

I'm personally rooting for Robert and Alex, cause I like them. But the main one I'm rooting for is Elizabeth. Not only do I like her, but it would be so cool to have a pastry chef as an Iron Chef. Plus every time I see her, I can't help but remember the hilarious moment in Top Chef Just Desserts when she tried comforting a hysterical Seth and he cried that the Red Hots were for his mommy.

Right now I am pulling for Marcus Samuelson, he is always respectful when giving advice or reviewing food on the shows I have seen him on. I am sure I will change my mind before it is all done.

I'm looking forward to All Stars Iron Chef myself... that said, I hope that it does not end up being a Robert-Anne final two challenge. I'm not dissing either's skills at all; however, it does get annoying with the smack talk the two give in these things and it's too predictable.

That said, if they earn it on their own - no gimmicks or trickery to get that result, then may the best contestant win.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    ...may the best contestant win.
    Exactly. I'm looking forward to the show as well. I'm not familiar with several of the contestants, so who knows, I may end up rooting for one of those chefs.

I've never really warmed to Alex (either on her cooking show or as a judge on Chopped), and I wasn't all that impressed with her on her one Iron Chef episode she was on, but maybe she'll surprise me.

Overall, a pretty good premiere. I like the new rule about the bottom 2 in each episode having to face off Iron Chef style. I am rooting for Alex, but she was too nervous and frazzled in this episode, so she better shape up or she won't last long. As for Spike, well, I can't say I'm surprise he was the first boot, I always thought he was pretty weak in Top Chef.

I am pulling for Alex, I think another woman is needed on Iron Chef and out of the 3 she is my favorite.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I get so tired of them always putting the same Food Network personalities against each other. How many times have we seen Robert Irvine and Anne Burrell duke it out? Too many times for me. I'd like to see Kerry Vincent compete since they talk so much about her being a hall-of-fame sugar artist. I'd like to see her work.
    captain and its_glinda_now like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I like the fact that they're using "stars" this season. I think they got lucky with the first winner (Michael Symon) who can cook and has a good tv personality. When Iron Chef Garces is cooking, it's ho hum, IMO. I just don't enjoy watching the last two Next Iron Chef winners that mcuh.

This group is a known quantity who each already has a following (and some who already don't like them for various reasons). And I'm interested to see how these people stack up against each other.

I was disappointed in last night's show for two reasons.

First, it was a team challenge. There are only 10 contestants - just let them each cook. I want to see what they each offer individually. And I don't want to see a chef go home because he was on a team and compromises had to be made.

Second, I don't want to see Dinner Impossible style challenges. Again, just let them cook. Limit their ingredients or whatever, but I'd hate to see one of these chefs go home because they can't get their fire started, they can't run as fast as the others, or other challenges that don't have anything to do with anything they'd ever encounter on IC.

Edited to add: Alex surprisingly seemed very unsure of herself. Not an IC persona at the moment. I don't have a favorite yet. I thought I didn't know several of these chefs, but it turned out the guy who went home last night was the only one I didn't know. The others I recognized once I saw them - I just didn't connect with their names.
    Last edited by Kip; 10-31-2011 at 11:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread