+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: Food Network

Re: Food Network

Thanks. I finally fixed it but guess I"ve missed a few episodes.
    Why would they change the name? sheesh. I like this show, esp the judges.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I couldn't find a thread for Next Iron Chef. It premieres at 9 on October 30. I'm really looking forward to this season:

The lineup for season four: Anne Burrell, Michael Chiarello, Elizabeth Falkner, Alex Guarnaschelli, Chuck Hughes, Robert Irvine, Beau MacMillan, Geoffrey Zakarian, and hold on to your fedoras, Spike Mendelsohn of Top Chef fame. Also: Marcus Samuelsson, who won season two of Top Chef Masters (one food reality show title is clearly not enough for the man).

The new season premieres October 30th at 9p; Alton Brown will host, and Michael Symon, journalist Simon Majumdar, and UK Iron Chef Judy Joo will judge. Here's the press release:

Next Iron Chef Season 4 Lineup: Anne Burrell, Spike Mendelsohn, Marcus Samuelsson, and More! - Food TV - Eater National

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I couldn't find a thread for Next Iron Chef. It premieres at 9 on October 30. I'm really looking forward to this season:

The lineup for season four: Anne Burrell, Michael Chiarello, Elizabeth Falkner, Alex Guarnaschelli, Chuck Hughes, Robert Irvine, Beau MacMillan, Geoffrey Zakarian, and hold on to your fedoras, Spike Mendelsohn of Top Chef fame. Also: Marcus Samuelsson, who won season two of Top Chef Masters (one food reality show title is clearly not enough for the man).

The new season premieres October 30th at 9p; Alton Brown will host, and Michael Symon, journalist Simon Majumdar, and UK Iron Chef Judy Joo will judge. Here's the press release:

Next Iron Chef Season 4 Lineup: Anne Burrell, Spike Mendelsohn, Marcus Samuelsson, and More! - Food TV - Eater National
    They are really pulling out the big names for this one!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Fort Member

They have been advertising Next Iron Chef new season here for the last two months but with no actual start date just "Comming Soon" very annoying

I have to be honest, while I enjoy the Food Network Challenges my absolute favourite part of the Food Network is the two minute things they have during the ad breaks, "Best Thing I Ever Ate.........."
    (they have fewer ad breaks during the actual shows here so at the end there is always about 15 minutes to fill before the next show is due to start so they will have three or four and sometimes five of these in a row) I love these bits, seeing what chefs actually enjoy eating and seeing that it is mostly very junky type food is great.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I may be the one and only on this.. but I ADORE Spike. That notwithstanding, I think Anne Burrell is a goddess in the kitchen and want her to slam dunk this! Team Anne all the way
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I'm rooting for Robert Irvine methinks!

Strictly on the hottie quotient, I'm for Samuelsson. But I wouldn't be at all surprised nor disappointed if Burrell took the tiara.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Strictly on the hottie quotient, I'm for Samuelsson. But I wouldn't be at all surprised nor disappointed if Burrell took the tiara.
    I have a feeling they will be pushing for a woman to win, I can so see her winning. She is so good.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I have a feeling they will be pushing for a woman to win, I can so see her winning. She is so good.
    I like Anne. On Chopped, the all stars (Anne, Geoffrey Zakharian, Robert Irvine & Beau Macmillan) all did great - they made great-tasting and good looking food. I think I was most impressed with Zakharian - maybe because he was the only one I hadn't seen cook before. I don't know Chuck Hughes or Elizabeth Faulkner. Michael Chiarello is a neighbor of one of my brothers, so I've met him. (My brother is a wonderful cook. My brother hosted a foreign exchange student. When the student discovered Michael's cooking show on PBS, he asked if Michael was as good a cook as my brother!)

Anne has a sassy personality that would help IC, IMO. I think that's a big reason Michael Symond has been so successful - he's fun to watch.

I like Anne. On Chopped, the all stars (Anne, Geoffrey Zakharian, Robert Irvine & Beau Macmillan) all did great - they made great-tasting and good looking food. I think I was most impressed with Zakharian - maybe because he was the only one I hadn't seen cook before. I don't know Chuck Hughes or Elizabeth Faulkner. Michael Chiarello is a neighbor of one of my brothers, so I've met him. (My brother is a wonderful cook. My brother hosted a foreign exchange student. When the student discovered Michael's cooking show on PBS, he asked if Michael was as good a cook as my brother!)

Anne has a sassy personality that would help IC, IMO. I think that's a big reason Michael Symond has been so successful - he's fun to watch.
    I think so too. She if funny and has the cooking chops like Michael Symon. It is an entertainment show after all. And she was Mario Batali's sous chef on the show.

+ Reply to Thread